Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 12:47 pm

What kind of unfair things happened when you were at school, work, home, or anywhere else?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 9:54 pm

One of the main unfair things that happened to me in college was that my parents forbade me from getting modifications and help from the colleges for having asperger's.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 2:58 am

I was 9 waiting quietly for the headmaster to come in and start the lesson. Other boys were being rather boisterous. The headmaster stormed in and, with a stern look on his face, approached me. 'What are you doing?' he said . I said I was doing nothing, as in not making a racket. ' Well you should be doing something. Go to my study' he said(for 6 of the best with the cane). I went into a highly emotional, puzzled, and stressed state while waiting to be caned. In the end he didn't cane me, but I should never have been put in that position in the 1st place.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 3:18 am

occasionally the father got a thing, whenever there was an occasion
mostly when out and about, we following as facepalm-ing ducks in a row

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2023, 11:15 pm

I got a failing grade from my tutor for an assignment where I followed the guidelines exactly. I took my assignment and instructions to an appointment I made with the department head along with a letter I wrote about it being unfair. It took a week for the department head to give me a new grade in my favour. It's so unlike me to do anything like this that I'm surprised I got away with it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 9:22 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
What kind of unfair things happened when you were at school, work, home, or anywhere else?

That I was the scapegoat of any accidents in the classroom when I was 5 because of my (undiagnosed) ADHD.

That I was the scapegoat of any squabbles at school when I was a teenager because I had AS.

That my parents were forced and threatened into getting me diagnosed with AS otherwise they'll be shamed as bad parents. I know I would have been happier without the diagnosis.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 3:53 am

Due to my brothers' legal histories, I was often rounded up with the "usual suspects" whenever an act of theft or vandalism took place at the school.  Then they (principal, Phys Ed instructor, custodian) would accuse me of having committed the crimes and that my punishment would be less if I said I did it while they threatened me with stories of all the awful things inmates did to each other in prison (I was only 12 to 14 years old at the time).

Fortunately, I had watched a lot of Perry Mason on TV.  I denied everything, then clammed up.  Eventually, the police would catch the real culprit, and they would be forced to let me go.  "You got lucky THIS TIME!" as they shoved me out the door.

My parents didn't care.  I guess by that time, they had given up on me too.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 5:03 am

Fnord wrote:

My parents didn't care.  I guess by that time, they had given up on me too.

You're a shining example of a success story.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2023, 5:37 pm

When I was in grade school and middle school, I was one of many students who was bullied a lot.

For me, it was primarily for being overweight and not having friends.

When I was diagnosed with AS a few months after I turned 13, the bullying became worse for me.
In fact, two teachers decided to join in. The bullies usually got away with it and I was the one who was sent to the principal's office.