Why do NT Males Hoot Like Gibbons?

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 5:58 pm

My current roommates are the absolute worse, and this is one of many antisocial behaviors they engage in. I’m just curious to as why they feel the need to do this, it’s extremely obnoxious and not in the least bit entertaining. If you’ve ever listened to the audience in a sporting event you’ll know what I’m talking about.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 8:44 pm

Ganondox wrote:
Why not?  A loud 'hoot' is one of the easiest noises to make.  Would you rather they sat still and silent like marble statues?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 8:50 pm

Fnord wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
Why not?  A loud 'hoot' is one of the easiest noises to make.  Would you rather they sat still and silent like marble statues?

Yes

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 10:00 pm

Is this limited to NT males, or are just assuming that because it's not something you engage in?

I grew up watching the fine programming on Fox, and therefore need to be reminded to refrain.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 3:10 am

Fnord wrote:
Ganondox wrote:

Maybe because it serves no purpose and is EXTREMELY inconsiderate? And yes, I would rather they be silent, especially considering that it's TWO IN THE MORNING AND THESE as*holes ARE STILL DOING IT! I swear I'm *this* close from calling the police.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 3:16 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Is this limited to NT males, or are just assuming that because it's not something you engage in?

I grew up watching the fine programming on Fox, and therefore need to be reminded to refrain.

What these people are doing is far more aggressive than the cheering displayed in the clip.

mrpieceofwork
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 3:31 am

Take whatever steps you can to mitigate that situation. Consider also that we Humans are indeed apes, so it is no mystery that people are going to act like apes from time to time. It's not just NTs, either. Most all of us have the capacity to make annoying noises.

My text only website
https://rawtext.club/~mrpieceofwork/
"Imagine Life Without Money"

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 3:44 am

mrpieceofwork wrote:
Consider also that we Humans are indeed apes, so it is no mystery that people are going to act like apes from time to time.

^this seems correct.

It is frightening to me as a woman to be confronted by a load of hooting men so I too wish they wouldn't do it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 5:09 am

No, apes, humans, monkeys, and orangutans are hominids, each forming a different branch of the family Hominidae.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 12:45 pm

Ape is synonymous with Hominoidea. Hominoidea consists of two families:

The family Hylobatidae, the lesser apes, include four genera and a total of 20 species of gibbon, including the lar gibbon and the siamang, all native to Asia. They are highly arboreal and bipedal on the ground. They have lighter bodies and smaller social groups than great apes.

The family Hominidae (hominids), the great apes, include four genera comprising three extant species of orangutans and their subspecies, two extant species of gorillas and their subspecies, two extant species of panins (bonobos and chimpanzees) and their subspecies, and humans in a single extant subspecies.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 2:44 pm

I love this conversation, it's so autistic :heart:

I mean: someone has a social problem and the rest of us start arguing about the scientific aspects of the situation :lol:

mrpieceofwork
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 2:56 pm

I know, right? I just used "ape" because I was, like... "stream of conscious typing". I do like the "feedback", though. Always learning.

My text only website
https://rawtext.club/~mrpieceofwork/
"Imagine Life Without Money"

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 3:05 pm

Yes I'm laughing WITH people not AT them :)

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 3:26 pm

I know what you mean.... groups of "normal" young men will get over-excited about the slightest thing and be all "Ohhhhhhhhhha!! !! !! Ah! Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Yuik-yuik-yuik-yuik-yuik!" which gets very tiresome when you're just trying to go about your life as an easily startled mammal.

Actual gibbons would make awful roommates because they like singing at the tops of their voices at 6AM.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 3:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
No, apes, humans, monkeys, and orangutans are hominids, each forming a different branch of the family Hominidae.

No.
Humans are a type of African ape. In the same clade as Chimps, gorillas, and bonobos.

African apes are in turn a subset of the "great apes". Which includes the Asian orangutan.

Which is in turn nested in the "ape" clade which includes the "lesser apes" (gibbons).

Actually...the same as what Funeral said.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 3:45 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
I know what you mean.... groups of "normal" young men will get over-excited about the slightest thing and be all "Ohhhhhhhhhha!! ! ! ! ! Ah! Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Yuik-yuik-yuik-yuik-yuik!" which gets very tiresome when you're just trying to go about your life as an easily startled mammal.

Actual gibbons would make awful roommates because they like singing at the tops of their voices at 6AM.

The other African apes (chimps and gorillas) seem to have lost all musical ability. We humans seem to be the lone African ape to conserve musical ability from our common ancestors with our more far removed cousins:the gibbons . Male orangutans have bags of flesh around their faces that seem to be voice resonators, but they dont use them for that purpose anymore. Also a retention from a past when they did use their voices more.