Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2009, 6:33 pm

I don't know if this is the right place to post this. Please inform me if it is or not.

I applied for a course as a mature student and got word today that I didn't get it. I'm sad and angry about not getting it. And the admissions officer was very nasty towards me when I called. I'll go into it in more depth if someone wants to know. I'm feeling better since I found out because my Mum and bf have been trying to cheer me up big time all day. I'll probably be over it on Friday, and ready emotionally to appeal the decisition by Saturday (not literally, just how I feel right now, probably I'll feel better with some sleep).

Hope this post is not too all over the place.

Thanks for reading and or responding

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2009, 9:37 pm

Sorry... :(

Maybe you should apply at another school (some are more accepting of non-traditional (mature) students than others).

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 1:26 am

I cannot imagine WHY registering would be problematic - wow! I'm not sure what 'mature' student is since I cannot know what course you were trying to enroll in. Regardless, they shouldn't be rude! Ouch.

And this is the right Forum about school-matters. Yeah; maybe another school &/or have an advocate ask about enrollment/registration.

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 6:53 am

The course was applied social care. As a mature student you have to interview for the course. I really wanted to do it because it has so much information that I need to do what I plan. As far as I've understood there are very few people (as in a tiny amount) who understand about people on the spectrum who are working with those on the spectrum. I need to learn all that this course provides to be useful in this intent and not to blunder in and make things worse.

The lady at admissions was mean, after me being stung with the not getting the course, she said that my scores (for the interview I guess) were so low that there was no point in appealing but everyone else is telling me that can't be true and that she's just trying to get rid of me. I've asked for a copy of the points for it. I'll be more prepaired for next year, if they'll ever accept me on to this course.

Though I feel much better today, I felt like my future was distroyed yesterday, today I just feel a little sad.

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 9:25 am

Woo Hoooooo, yea, I just got some really good news. They said that I needed to do a different but related course to lay out a basic knowledge of social work (expected in the course I didn't get) and that if I do that I have a much better chance to get the course I want when I re-apply (much demand and not a lot of places, no guarantee of a place). And also, even if I don't get the main course, I'll have this qualification.

I'm really happy now. I may just be able to do what I want with my life. :D ;)

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 5:50 am

Thanks for the supportive comments.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 5:56 pm

I'm glad you found a solution to your problem, maybe you just need this extra year.