Story about Asperger's for Cal State Long Beach magazine

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

app354
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Apr 2006, 2:46 am

Hey all,

I couldn't find a bulletin board or classified section here where I could put this, so I decided to put it here in the College Life forum, since it's the one most relevant to my topic...

Anyway, I'm a student at Cal State Long Beach who is writing a story for the campus magazine about CSULB students with Asperger's and other forms of high-functioning autism (I am a high-functioning autistic as well...so much for journalistic objectivity, I guess, but whatevs...). The story would provide some information about Asperger's, but it would primarily serve as a profile of individual students at Cal State Long Beach who have the disorder.

If you are a student with Cal State Long Beach who wants to tell his or her story (or knows a Cal State Long Beach student willing to tell his or her story), I would love to hear from you. My e-mail is [email protected].

Also, does anybody here have any suggestions about ways I could let students about the story? I have decided to post bulletins all around campus and place an ad in the school newspaper, but I'm not sure how else to reach students I could interview for the story.

I just feel that our stories need to be told, and I think that this article is a perfect outlet for me to tell those stories, even if it is on a smaller scale.

Thanks,
Adam