How difficult is college when moving to a new state?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

GreenPele
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Aug 2009, 7:17 pm

See my Mom is buying her father's house in Florida and we're suppose to move there in a week. My Mom was originally planning to move there by herself and let me live where I do now, but she decided to let me move with her (which I think is great, we get a nice house and get to move into a city with actual shopping malls). She told me college will probably have to wait, I took an entrance exam and did my Fasfa to get into this one college here but I guess I won't be going now.

Anyways my question is, is it diffucult to get into a new college when you move to a different state? Especially when you don't really have a way to pay for it without scholarships and assistance?

I'm not really too eager to go to college since I learned it's no longer a garuntee to get a job, but if the chances of me going to college are too slim then I might just forget about it.

Jaydog1212
Toucan
Toucan

28 Aug 2009, 9:05 pm

GreenPele wrote:
Anyways my question is, is it diffucult to get into a new college when you move to a different state? Especially when you don't really have a way to pay for it without scholarships and assistance?

If you move to another state you may want to put off attending for a year so that you pay in-state tuition (assuming you are going to a public university).

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 6:36 pm

I wasn't too eager about this college this year because I was starting to get stressed about it. I didn't take the ACT again in time and we procrastinated on our fasfa. And I'm hoping to go out of state next year. So what I did, is I went to junior college this year to get a little prepared and just because I wanted to have something to do everyday.

If I were you, I would take some classes at a community college when you get to FL. Or if that isn't an option because of out of state tuition till next year, you could also try taking your ACT or SAT again and doing something like volunteering that might help you get some scholarships for next year.