Just thought I'd say something....(& a rant about exams)

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jun 2004, 3:13 pm

Thought I should put something on here as one of the first members & definately the first British member (just in case anyone starts to wonder at the spelling!).
Today consisted of my last exam (woooooooo!) which was physics & very hard! And the stupid teachers that keep reminding me I have extra time- don't they realise they are actually taking up my time by doing so? The daftest teachers were the ones who in previous exams asked me if I was sure Id had enough time- even though my paper had already been taken in!!

hello every1 anyway! cup of tea?
xx

alex
Developer
Developer

22 Jun 2004, 3:23 pm

KtMcS wrote:
Thought I should put something on here as one of the first members & definately the first British member (just in case anyone starts to wonder at the spelling!).
Today consisted of my last exam (woooooooo!) which was physics & very hard! And the stupid teachers that keep reminding me I have extra time- don't they realise they are actually taking up my time by doing so? The daftest teachers were the ones who in previous exams asked me if I was sure Id had enough time- even though my paper had already been taken in!!

xx

I know what you mean! Its so annoying when teachers interrupt my train of thought by asking me "is everything ok?" in the middle of a standardized test. If something was wrong, I would surely tell them. If I didn't have any tact, I probably should have said "everything was fine until you rudely interrupted my train of thought," and then finished with the words "step down" followed by a certain four letter explicative. But, hey, I'm mild mannered. What grade are you currently in (or what age are you), if you don't mind me asking?

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jun 2004, 3:30 pm

I'm 16 and I've just finished Year 11 (I did work out what grade that was but I've forgotten :roll: ) I talk to Dan on messenger.

alex
Developer
Developer

22 Jun 2004, 3:33 pm

KtMcS wrote:
I'm 16 and I've just finished Year 11 (I did work out what grade that was but I've forgotten :roll: ) I talk to Dan on messenger.

I assume that year 11 is 11th grade, but it could be 10th considering you come from a country that doesn't know what side of the road to drive on. :-P J/K

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jun 2004, 3:57 pm

I think we just do it to confuse people who aren't in the commonwealth!
And this is coming from someone who lives in a country where the president has the same IQ as an intelligent German Shepherd dog?
Better not get into this sort of debate! at least we can spell....sorry! I'll behave!

alex
Developer
Developer

22 Jun 2004, 4:05 pm

KtMcS wrote:
I think we just do it to confuse people who aren't in the commonwealth!
And this is coming from someone who lives in a country where the president has the same IQ as an intelligent German Shepherd dog?
Better not get into this sort of debate! at least we can spell....sorry! I'll behave!

George Bush is a complete idiot. Please don't insult German Sheperd dogs. Sorry about my little jab at britain, i was just teasing. I love the british, and I sometimes spell in the english way without even realising it. ;-)

TyroneShoelaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jun 2004, 5:53 pm

KtMcS wrote:

xx

8O Hiya There

Well done on finishing your exams - they are a pain at the best of times. Oddly enough, for me anyway, they have become easier at University [although I suppose it depends, to some degree, on what you're studying and whether or not you enjoy it]. I don't mean to burst your bubble, but it is questionable as to whether or not you were the first British member of "Wrongplanet.net". Although I now live in New Zealand, a Commonwealth state, I was born in Truro, West Country, England [emigrated at age 4]. Which part do you come from?

All the best for future exams.

vivreestesperer
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jun 2004, 6:32 pm

I hate people interrupting you during tests too. I once had a teacher who would do the weirdest things during exams...she would put the Weather Channel on, for example, the day before a snowday while we were taking our test. Or she would call her insurance company and argue over a bill right in front of us while we were taking it. It was actually more amusing than anything else.

Kate

lulu
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jun 2004, 6:40 pm

Wow, the things I missed out on being homeschooled LOL

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jun 2004, 7:53 am

TyroneShoelaces wrote:
8O Hiya There

Well done on finishing your exams - they are a pain at the best of times. Oddly enough, for me anyway, they have become easier at University [although I suppose it depends, to some degree, on what you're studying and whether or not you enjoy it]. I don't mean to burst your bubble, but it is questionable as to whether or not you were the first British member of "Wrongplanet.net". Although I now live in New Zealand, a Commonwealth state, I was born in Truro, West Country, England [emigrated at age 4]. Which part do you come from?

All the best for future exams.

look at the member list- they r in order so its not questionable really...I currently live in Staffordshire, but at the moment am in the Lake District with a bunch of my friends.

Dizzy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jul 2004, 3:08 pm

Quote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I deff. won't argue that one! I also cannot stand it when my teachers and proctors remind me I have an 8 hour plan 504 (8 extra hours on each state exam). It bugs me, and also throws me off track and I can't get back to my train of thought. Why don't they just leave us alone?!

V111
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2004, 3:47 pm

been dx with AS so at college iam allowed to take tests in a private room all by myself. The one class i failed was because i did not understand the subject .