The stuff that happens at 2:40 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2004, 4:41 am

I was "trying" to sleep tonight, I had done so for about 2 hrs to start with when the phone rings at 2:40am. I answer it and it's female voice. The person on the other end says I meet her at 10pm. Normally I would have dismissed this as being a wrong number, but she claimed that I meet her in the lobby at 10pm. I WAS in the lobby the night before at 10pm so my curiosity was peaked and I thew on some clothes and headed downstairs to meet this mystery person.

Turns out it was mystery "people" as it was a guy and a girl who were there to see someone who lived on the third floor who once lived with someone I knew who was on first floor. So my name looked familar and they called me up to see if I could get into the building.....

Yea.... Well, the story seemed plausible, but they reeked of beer to the point where I was starting to feel woozy too.

So I told them that I couldn't let them into the building since I didn't know them. They aknowledged me left to go off to someplace else.

The only problem now is I can't get back to sleep.

venom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Nov 2004, 8:32 am

ha thats so random

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2004, 1:42 pm

Another thing that happens at 2:30 - 2:40am (Texas time) is that is when I get off work if I have to work overtime . . .

That is a great story, that sounds like something that would happen to me!

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2004, 11:47 am

hmm... random booty call, except not so much a booty call as 'i want to see a random person who i don't even know and just have fun"

that must have been pretty amusing haha. those kinds of quirks really make my day. haha college must be awesome

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2004, 2:13 pm

Scoots, that picture you have of you in your room reminds me of the place my engineering friends used to live at in their 1st-3rd year of university. The cinder block walls are the same. We all miss that place terribly!

I've been on the flipside of what you describe.

When my friends started university I used to go over and party with them. They lived in an awsome apartment building where there was open door friday and saturday nights. People were for the most part very friendly!

It was like a different planet!! Some rooms had crazy hippee people that smoked to much pot but had crazy decorated rooms. Some were crazy jocks that funneled beer and would invite us in and introduce us to like 10 million people at once!! One night we were out at one of their pubcrawls and we arrived back at the building entry way. To get in you needed to either be "buzzed" in by someone who lived there or you needed a key. Well, those morons forgot their key and we had to wake my other buddy (Dan) up (their roommate who was a more antisocial and never went anywhere). He was not very happy and he didn't let us in! So we had to buzz someone else who let us in. When we got to the room, the door was locked and Dan wouldn't let us in. So we proceeded to another friend's place who let us sleep there.

Drunken university party people can be stupid!

vivreestesperer
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Dec 2004, 10:17 pm

i would hate that! that would scare me. random drunken people who i dont know i find quite frightening. they are too unpredictable - as if people aren't unpredictable enough already!