Anyone here quit getting hair cuts?

Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Wuffles
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jun 2010, 6:21 am

Quit that a while ago, I hate having a stranger fondle my head. Plus, I get awful haircuts because hairdressers tend to want to chat then get pissed off or humiliated when my natural lack of any kind of social skills or desire for small talk manifests itself. Angry hairdressers give bad haircuts.

Happily, I'm a girl, so I just let it grow long and trim the ends once in a while.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2010, 11:07 am

I don't particularly care for them, but they don't bother me. I'm supposed to get one next week, but I don't think I will. My mom's always telling me stuff like "your hair needs shape, it needs color!" Lol.

If you just stop cutting your hair, will it remain healthy or look bad from split ends?

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2010, 11:23 pm

astaut wrote:
I don't particularly care for them, but they don't bother me. I'm supposed to get one next week, but I don't think I will. My mom's always telling me stuff like "your hair needs shape, it needs color!" Lol.

If you just stop cutting your hair, will it remain healthy or look bad from split ends?

It will eventually get split ends. They will split even more quickly if you blow dry or use hair spray or dont use conditioner.

Wuffles
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2010, 6:02 am

Aspie forum might not be the best place to ask for beauty tips, but here's my input:

Once your hair is long, it's easy enough to trim the ends to avoid split ends. As long as you take good care of your hair, use good quality shampoo and conditioner, brush it regularly, and don't mistreat it by tying it up with cheap rubber bands, it will be fine and healthy.

I shaved my hair ultra short once. It did not look good on me, very few females can wear it and I'm not one of them; but damn if it didn't feel AMAZING. So tidy, easy to care for. Strongly recommend this option if you are male.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 7:15 am

when i got out of the army, that was the last "professional" haircut i ever paid for. since the, flowbee has been my barber, 'cept for the few periods i had to let my freak flag fly and let it grow down the middle of my back. it would not grow past that point, and it eventually got too thin to support any length without getting constantly tangled. i miss my young person hair.

Swordfish210
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jun 2010, 3:31 am

I hate going to the barber's, not just because I don't like people touching me and cutting my hari, but also because barber's are no 1 om my list of ASHES OF EVIL. They talk and talk to you and pry into one's social life... brrrr.... Plus, they never cut it the way you wanted them to.

Sherlock Holmes in The Sign Of Four (1890), ch. 6

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 3:33 am

Swordfish210 wrote:
I hate going to the barber's, because barbers never cut it the way you wanted them to.

that is why i made mr. flowbee my barber.

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 5:21 pm

Nope, I need haircuts, if my hair is too long, it irritates my face!

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 5:19 pm

auntblabby wrote:
when i got out of the army, that was the last "professional" haircut i ever paid for. since the, flowbee has been my barber, 'cept for the few periods i had to let my freak flag fly and let it grow down the middle of my back. it would not grow past that point, and it eventually got too thin to support any length without getting constantly tangled. i miss my young person hair.

Another reason my drill sargeants saved me for last was not just for s**ts and giggles but they were afraid I was going to have a meltdown and attack the barber. They saw me when I was a squad leader freak out on someone who was fooling around and got someone hurt. They would always joke that if I was ever captured I would endure the torture but not any haircuts the enemy would give me. :P

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 12:09 am

Todesking wrote:
Another reason my drill sergeants saved me for last was not just for s**ts and giggles but they were afraid I was going to have a meltdown and attack the barber. They saw me when I was a squad leader freak out on someone who was fooling around and got someone hurt. They would always joke that if I was ever captured I would endure the torture but not any haircuts the enemy would give me. :P

well, you were able to accomplish being a squad leader, that is pretty advanced IMHO. i never qualified to be the leader of the laundromat much less anything involving other living people.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 11:21 am

Malachi_Rothschild wrote:
I cut my hair myself. Don't like going to the barber.

Same here

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 12:31 pm

I hate hair cuts. As a child I was only forced to get a hair cut at Easter, summer, and start of school. I would make them cut it all off at once with an electric trimmer so I did not have to go back. As a teenager I had hair down to the middle of my back. Then at 17 I started getting it cut every 3 months. I had to get one every two weeks I was in the military. Since retiring from the military, I force myself endure one every month because I think it makes me look more professional.

My AS son only gets one haircut a year where he donates his long ponytails to make wigs for cancer patients. He has been doing that for over 15 years now. I think he uses it as an excuse for not getting a haircut, but it is a good one.

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 12:43 pm

I didn't like getting my haircut at a barber shop so I bought a haircut kit (they're pretty cheap too). I shave my head myself about once a month now.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 1:01 pm

I shave my head when I get sick of my hair.

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 9:21 pm

Today I heard there's a gang in my town and the members have shaved heads so now people will think I'm in the gang. Great.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 1:33 am

I haven't had my hair cut since May of last year, though I cut my bangs on my own every couple months. It's not so much that I hate the feeling of it (though getting it washed? Absolutely awful, and I won't let them do it. The exceptionally uncomfortable sink, the pulling on the hair - count me out) as I don't see the need to. I'm perfectly content to just let my hair grow, and I don't want to make the effort of an appointment.

Three years!