Hell yeah! 65%  65%  [ 24 ]
Yeah but only because I'm being forced. 16%  16%  [ 6 ]
Dunno... 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 37

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 5:24 am

The end of the school year is soon for a lot of students and some have already finished. I was just wondering if anyone plans on doing some studying during the Summer. Perhaps preparation for when you go back or your own projects. Like learning a language for fun.
I'll be studying to get ahead of next year like I always do but I'll probably study some topics for fun as well.
GEEK ALERT!
:geek: :lol:

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 6:58 am

Since I'm not taking summer school or anything, I really see no need in studying academic subjects. Of course, I will very likely continue to research special interests, but that's as close to studying I'm going to do this summer.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 9:28 am

Oh yes. I study on my own every summer. Feels good not to follow a certain framework within which to study... I can make my own connections and move between different concepts in any way I want.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 10:11 am

^^Greetings gemstone123. I must say that I am not quite certain if I shall be happily studying within this summer. ^^I believe I certainly considered purchasing a friendly book who speaks of Measure Theory and studying this little topic. I perhaps may also attempt to learn some more Japanese language from my little book.

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 10:18 pm

Summer vacation doesn't seem to agree with me. I love studying and learning, so I always find something to work on every summer. This summer vacation I'm going to improve my French, learn the capital cities of every country, play lots of chess, and study anything else that happens to become an interest. French is the one I'm most excited about - I can work at my own pace in my own style, away from the mind-numbing slowness and busywork of school language classes.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 6:59 am

Cicely wrote:
Summer vacation doesn't seem to agree with me. I love studying and learning, so I always find something to work on every summer. This summer vacation I'm going to improve my French, learn the capital cities of every country, play lots of chess, and study anything else that happens to become an interest. French is the one I'm most excited about - I can work at my own pace in my own style, away from the mind-numbing slowness and busywork of school language classes.

Ah I've just started to learn French again. :)

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2010, 12:09 pm

I have been given some APUSH work to do over the summer to see if I'm ready for the class.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 6:47 am

I have to read a book over summer! And get a test on it on the first day back to school!

Suiseiten
Raven
Raven

03 Jul 2010, 12:50 am

I'm taking two classes: Modern German History and Japanese Society. I got a C in Japanese Society and look forward to challenging German History in two weeks.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 3:32 am

I'm taking Trig this summer. It will help me to do so, but it's too hard to explain how. If I wasn't I would be getting prepared for this semester...learning a language, pre-reading some materials, etc. I read a lot for fun so even if I'm not studying I'm learning something.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 2:29 pm

I don't count reading about obsessions as studying, so I voted no. But I will be learning about derivatives, because the college Economics course I'm doing next year won't teach me about them because they're supposedly too complicated.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 7:17 pm

I have nothing to study since there is nothing important happening soon. So it's a summer of play for me!

Cheeseroyale34
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jul 2010, 12:15 pm

I have 2 College classes, and one gives a fair amount of homework. On top of that, I got to annotate for my AP Literature and Composition class and memorize parts of the constitution for my AP Gov. class. I also have some summer work for my AP bio class too, so I am swamped.

Bells
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jul 2010, 12:58 am

I am majouring in my main obsession so I wouldn't consider me reading books, watching/listening to lectures or memorizing concepts studying. I do, though, try to study at least a bit for some of my other subjects, though it takes great effort for me to get involved.

AstenKathleen1992
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Jul 2010, 1:28 pm

i have to do a summer project but as its an art project i dont really see it as studying lol

Shidash
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jul 2010, 1:50 pm

I am taking Calc II for fun and working on a few research projects.