Funny things you found written in textbooks...

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 9:35 pm

At the extremely ghetto high school that I attended, I was flipping through one of my classroom's textbooks. Inside the front cover of the book, which had a list of all the previous students who had used the textbook, I saw an old student named Precious. Right next to her name, someone had written "she ain't precious, trust me." I thought that was hilarious, but at the same time reminded me just how ghetto my school really was.

Does anyone have any funny stories regarding things written in their textbooks?

bandgeek13094
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2010, 4:30 pm

I don't normally see funny things. Usually it's just stupid stuff like '(insert name here) loves ya! <3' and theres stuff where people say 'turn to page ___' and then that goes on for awhile then it's something stupid like a doodle of a penis or something. :? Either that or people writing 'So and So is a h*' or whatever. I'd like to find something that's actually somewhat funny.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 6:49 am

In a french book one of the words was "retardment" I think it meant slow or something.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 6:52 am

bandgeek13094 wrote:
I don't normally see funny things. Usually it's just stupid stuff like '(insert name here) loves ya! <3' and theres stuff where people say 'turn to page ___' and then that goes on for awhile then it's something stupid like a doodle of a penis or something. :? Either that or people writing 'So and So is a h*' or whatever. I'd like to find something that's actually somewhat funny.

There were loads of them on my high school textbooks, I made quite a few contributions myself actually.
They might not be that funny really but I liked reading the really old ones, because some make references to things popular in the 90's and stuff.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 6:52 am

I've seen people write "call me for sex" and other such things in books and on walls in my school, but the only thing I can remember which made me laugh is in a French book, there was a picture of someone with their mouth open singing, and someone had drawn a penis in it :lol:

bandgeek13094
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Aug 2010, 9:30 am

MONKEY wrote:
bandgeek13094 wrote:

There were loads of them on my high school textbooks, I made quite a few contributions myself actually.
They might not be that funny really but I liked reading the really old ones, because some make references to things popular in the 90's and stuff.

Yeah, It's a good way to pass time in class too. Especially when your math teacher is slower than a dinosaur and can't teach crap. >.<

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 9:29 pm

I used to write in the books myself. I was supposed to use something called a "Sullivan Series" which was essentaly just filling in missing letters. I drew little speach bubbles besides the characters and my best friend at the time did as well (because I taught her) things like, "I'm so stupid". One picture was of a girl looking in a mirror and one of us wrote, "I'm so ugly, I broke my mirror". Another one the girl had dirt all over her dress and my friend wrote, "I pooped my pants!" We were bad. I can't remember either one of us writing anything with sexual refrences but then we were only in grade four. The worst we knew were reffrences to urinating and deficating. I doubt today's kids are such angels. I think the teacher knew but she was afraid of me because I could be agressive and violent and she picked her battles. Unfortunalty me and my best friend wrote all that stuff in pencil and the teacher probably whipped out the eraser before anyone else could read our grafitti.

In one of my brother's elementry school readers there were all sorts of digusting drawings on "boy parts" on people. There was a picture of a two rabbits and a speach bubble over one that said something like, "I'm over here, big boy." My brother didn't seem the type to write that kind of thing...espicaly in elementry school and said a bully had gotten a hold of his reader and did that. In a secound hand health science book someone had basicaly done the same thing. There was a diagram of an arm holding a knife and something about how skin heals and someone had drawn an epic face. If I wrote in my homeschool books, my mom would have tanned my hide and she sold them on ebay when I was done with them and writing in them would have decreased their worth.

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Aug 2010, 9:38 pm

In my eighth grade history textbook, there was a picture of three revolutionary war soldiers and somebody wrote "Has ED" one one of them, "Is gay" on the second one, and "Has AIDS" on the third one.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 2:58 am

Nothing really much to think of comes to mind, the only thing I can recall was a social studies book I had in junior high where someone had drawn a beard and mustache on a picture of Mao Zedong....

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 7:57 am

I also remember flipping through my Skills for Living textbook in the 8th grade and seeing all kinds of crude, sexual things written in it. Kids will be kids, I guess. :roll:

LucyH
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 May 2013, 1:58 pm

I've often seen people write funny or rude things in the "this book belongs to" part. First it will say the name, then "issued" and "returned". For example, "Lord Voldemort" Issued- "HP" Returned "Horcrux" and "Michael Jackson" Issued- "Black" Returned "White".

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 7:55 pm

I actually did not pay much attention was trying to learn in the books. I did not write anything.

melysllew
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 May 2013, 3:41 pm

I was reading of mice and men and the book i borrowed someone had written on the top of the second page "By the way, Lennie dies" Which is the main event that happens at the end. And in the end of one of the book, there was a drawing of a pea-nut that was labelled "this is not a pea-nut". I found this pointless but a little funny.

aleclair
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2013, 8:46 pm

Their Eyes were watching God by Zora Neale Hurston. We had some battered old copies of this book that seemed like they went through many a storm. On one of them somebody had crossed out God and wrote "Satin".

Yeah, like the sinfully luxurious fabric, not the devil.

For some reason this is the only case of writing in a book I remember. But then I have a gravitation for lame jokes and puns, so it makes sense I would remember this.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

20 May 2013, 11:58 am

There was devil horns drawn on a picture of Hitler in my AP Euro textbook. It made me smile a little bit.

younginflavor18
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2013, 3:45 pm

I have never saw or scribbled on a textbook, but I remember scribbling up on one photo of a school resource officer in my middle school yearbook because I had some mini-beef with because I thought he was a douchebag. I even gave him a gap tooth, thick glasses, and devil facial hair for the lulz. :lol: