Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

seatbeltblue
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2013, 1:34 pm

I'm going to be starting grad school in theology in September, and I'm trying to psych myself up for it and start preparing mentally. I'm pretty worried; I'm a smart guy, but my time management and study skills have never been spectacular, and grad school I understand is supposed to be pretty intense. I'm curious if anyone knows of any resources that might be available for grad students on the spectrum, or if any of you have any tips regarding getting through this experience in terms of dealing with colleagues and cultivating study skills.

Thanks!

Jamamiel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Sep 2019, 10:07 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/aspergers/comm ... trategies/

Not sure what you're majoring in but this seems to have some practical/organizational tips that might be useful.

I just started grad school too, don't know if fully ready for the challenge

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2019, 10:31 am

If what you hope to achieve is a Master's of Divinity degree, then you at least will not have to concern yourself with mathematics (i.e., trigonometry, calculus, et cetera). I have been told that it's very much like a philosophy course, in that the final dissertation need only be defensible to be deemed "correct" (although you will likely have to also steer close to the school's official doctrine). Just brush up on your apologetics, your homiletics, and your basic Bible knowledge, and you have most of it covered -- the rest is mostly attendance and participation.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.