Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2006, 6:57 pm

I've so screwed myself over this year haha. Last year I merely took honors english and ap art, now I'm in honors english, honors history, honors psychology, and ap art still. i'm in cp (beginner's) math still but that's cuz i suck at math.

i've had like 3 hours of history work to do tonight. i'm not even done with half of it. it's gonna be a fun year

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2006, 7:41 pm

Honors English, Honors American History, and I'm in the Gifted program.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2006, 11:03 pm

Heh, that's why I don't like to spread myself to thin about things. I can't obsess about the few classes that make me really happy like that...

My advice to anyone who does such a thing: take one day at a time. If you don't, things will start piling up and you'll be worrying about the AP test by the end of September. Not to mean that the AP test isn't important, but it's not worth stressing over until it's actually done. Then you're perfectly allowed to worry about what grade you got. ;)

If your history homework is just reading and outlining the chapter (as it is often for higher level classes), don't bother reading every word. Skim the headings of the chapter and look for the key points. If you buy your books, write in them. Highlight key words and their definitions. Take notes in the margins of ways to help you remember facts... or stuff that you think of while reading. If you don't own your book, use postit notes to do this. It usually works. :)

Above all else, just remember to keep breathing. And doing so repitituously would be a good idea, as well. ;)

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

14 Sep 2006, 4:46 pm

*coughs* Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Roman History (AKA Honors Latin III), AP US History, Honors American Literature/AP Language, and AP Chemistry are my classes. Oh, and on-level Physics. Next year it will probably be five or six AP courses (Environmental Science, Biology, Economics, Latin, Literature, and maybe Calculus) and no honors.

I'm probably doomed, but I think I can handle it.

Oh, and if it's history readings: For the love of God, do not skim. Skimming is bad. You need to read all of it, not just the bolded bits (if there even are any). Trust me; I got a 5 on my AP World History exam last year. Reading is a necessity to do well.

I do agree with Namiko about going day-by-day, though. Try not to worry about grades; just concentrate on really learning the material. If you have spare time during the day, use it to try to do your readings (I usually finish mine in the time between when I get to my desk and school actually starts) or other homework. I generally work through lunch. Make sure you don't burn yourself out, though.

Aly
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Sep 2006, 9:53 am

Honors English IV, AP Psychology (two semesters), Hon. Statistics/AP Statistics (two sem.), Honors Chemistry I, AP Earth/Environmental Science, and AP French V. Whoo!

And I'm still bored... :/