Some kid threatened to beat me up today.

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Dart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2006, 6:54 pm

I don't know if any of your schools have this, but I'm in "Leadership", which basically means that for one of my classes I just sit and monitor the halls all period. (It's the best class ever because I pretty much get an automatic 100% for showing up, plus I can pretty much just sit and do homework or read or whatever all period.)

So anyway, I was in Leadership today. This girl tries to buy a drink from the soda machine, which I've been told I'm not allowed to let students do during class (my school is pretty much being run like Soviet Russia this year). I tell her that she's not allowed to do. She then gives me attitude. I ask her for her name. She then says that she's allowed to buy drinks whenever because she has diabetes. I say, "Oh, I didn't realize that." So then she cusses me out and goes back to class. Then, about five minutes later, this dude who claims to be her brother (who is one of those white wannabe-gangster hardass types, the kind of people that I try to avoid like the plague) shows up and tells me that he wants to meet me after class so that he can beat me up for "talking crap to his sister" (even though I was merely enforcing school rules). (This kid has cussed me out before for absolutely no reason. I'm thinking he might have Tourette's or some behavioral problem or something.) Then I see him again at the end of the period and he tells me that he will beat me up if I ever "talk crap to his sister" ever again. And since "his sister" leaves class every single day without fail to either go to the bathroom, get a drink, or just socialize with friends in the hall, I think it's possible that I may have to "talk crap to her" again.

*sigh* Sometimes doing what I'm supposed to do just doesn't pay off.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2006, 7:42 pm

Are there cameras in the halls? If so, this would all be on tape. And why don't you talk to the school's administration? Your principal should be able to do something to stop this kind of behavior. I myself was just in a fight last week because of these too brats at my school (I guess they got a long suspension period since I haven't seen them around.). Anyway, I also hate those ghetto and ghetto wanna-be types. Actually, I pretty much hate anyone along those lines or anyone that's poor. But back to your situation. Definently tell someone about this. There is absolutely no excuse for these kids to be doing this to you whatsoever.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2006, 8:08 pm

Carry on as normal.

If she mentions it again, be sure to point out that you have a duty to enforce the rules, whether or not you actually agree with them. You could also point out that it's a bit difficult to tell if someone has diabetes unless they tell you. She could have mentioned it BEFORE going to the machine. The fact that she didn't tends to suggest she has some sort of persecution complex and is deliberately picking a fight. Tell her your ESP isn't working too well at the moment.

If monkey boy has another go at you, hit him as hard as you can as quickly as possible. A bully always likes the sound of his own voice. They also like to be in charge of the situation and are generally quite unprepared for being kicked in the nuts whilst still at the leering-menacingly-and-making-idle-threats stage. I know violence is a terrible thing but it's the only language some people understand.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2006, 8:30 pm

Umm, some kid threatened to beat you up?
So what, there's no use whining about it, because this kid probaby won't beat you up and because people do stupid stuff like that all the time. It's really nothing you should take seriously.

Dart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2006, 8:50 pm

I just don't want this idiot to damage my clean school record, and that would happen if I got into a fight with him since they always punish both fighters. I just applied to the best university in my state and I have a decent chance of getting accepted, and I don't want anyone to ruin it.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2006, 12:10 am

This is where your superior brain power can come into play.....notice which class she comes out of and at which period.Find out from your "leadership" leader how to find out who she is and if she has diabetis and "special" permission to use soda machine,water,bathroom....I work with diabetics and this is a real need for them...they use water to bring down high Blood glucose,suger to bring it up and often need to use the restroom.....so,her requests could be totally legit,but you should have been given this info to do your job.....she may also have copped an attitude because she is "embarrased to have to admit she has diabetis....approach whatever adult you need for her info whith the attitude that you are concerned with her well being not trying to "pick on her"...The whole thing could be bull,but if she is leaving class and going back in with a soda...the teacher would surely ave said something if she wasnt allowed.I think the best way to get at the brother is showing compassion for his sister and her medical needs...so,if it is legit,you could apoligize(she actaully should have a special "school pass" so that other hall monitors know this info also.she souldnt be made to explain herself if this is a medical need....and she may be fed up with havinf to if this has happened to her a lo in the past.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2006, 12:22 am

Dart wrote:
they always punish both fighters.

GAH! That's one thing I hate about today's world! The law always does its very best to criminalize the victim. Whatever happened to Victim's Rights? No no, now it's all about "Prisoner's Rights."

But technically, if you don't throw a punch or anything at him, you *shouldn't* get in trouble. If you do, just take the case to a higher level....

jammie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Sep 2006, 8:30 am

well first up well done for getting out of thier alive.

secound up go speak to somone about it, surely there is somthing they can do, legit or not threataning somone will beating them is never a just action...

the amrican goverment should also start heading that advice too thinking of it....

^licks^

jammie & lion

$lion = "constant";
$lil_lion = "escape";
$baby = "dum dum, babo";
$jammie = $lion."sheepy and my comforts";

$jamie = $lion.$lil_lion.$baby.$jammie;
?>

jread
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Sep 2006, 1:13 pm

Let the school administration know about the situation, what happened and that he threatened you. They should be able to put a stop to it. Also, let them know that you will defend yourself if attacked.

Most bullies are all talk. They quickly back down when they find out that you're not scared of them. If it does get physical, beat his ass down to the ground.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2006, 2:36 pm

Cyanide wrote:
Dart wrote:
they always punish both fighters.

GAH! That's one thing I hate about today's world!

Maybe you don't understand. That's the way it should be. Jesus taught us to turn the other cheek, Ghandi and MLK taught us passive resistance in a similar vein, and we should respect that contribution to our society: The novel idea that, yeah, while some people might decide to get rowdy and act like barbarians, you have the strength within yourself to prevent you from responding in kind. It's allowed us to evolve as people, and some people, you know, don't understand and continue to act violent anyway, so let them just go and do whatever it is they're going to do so that they can learn their lesson about what it really means to be a human being.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2006, 4:43 pm

I agree with the theory... but in reality, if a fight is obviously going to occur, I'd still be looking to get the first punch in. From what you say I'd imagine this guy is bigger than you, so surprise is a distinct advantage. Plus I daresay you have a lot of pent up rage from being an Aspie in an NT world. Imagine that you are channelling all of that energy into the muscles of your shoulders and arm, and then releasing it with one big bang.

Yes I know you shouldn't fight, but if you get all philosophical with this guy he won't understand you anyway, whereas if you can lay him out you'll probably earn his respect. Stupid, I know.

hyper_alien
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2006, 5:15 pm

You need to talk to someone and say to them that you dont feel safe doing the monitor duty and is there any chance you could have a pair to work with in the halls.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2006, 5:39 pm

The point isn't that you want to earn a bully's respect.... earning a bully's respect is a pretty damned low and pointless goal, if ya ask me.
I never said you should get philosophical with said bully... just that you should turn the other cheek and embrace your own philosophy of peace *without* speaking it. Show, don't tell. The bully will eventually learn through observation and experience that fighting won't get him (or her, as the case may be) s**t. You don't need to say a word to get someone to eventually realize it. I mean, you know, if a bully decides to go all out with his fists and start whaling on you, sure, you'll get physically hurt, but the bully's gonna be the one to get punished.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2006, 8:10 am

Let the school administration know what happened to you. If they try to brush it off, or act like it never happened, explain to them that they cannot legally put you in a position of risk. That their not dealing with the bully, is the same as saying the school is not secure, and that they are admitting to having a unsafe environment in the school. If they think you're overreacting, remind them that in real society outside of school, that student would've been arrested for threatening violence on you. Alot of schools seem to think they're above the law, and they can just ignore that they have these sociopaths roaming their hallways. It shouldn't come down to a student being beaten up, and going on the news for them to understand that it's immoral to give rights to those violent animals.