AAAAAARRRRRRGGG GGGGHHHHHHH!! !! !! !! !! !

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2011, 10:27 pm

'Kay so here's my frustration education edition

I'm freakin' brilliant. I bring home anywhere between 75's-90's on tests and assignments but that's only when I take classes one at a time

I can't do essays or formal written assignments for the life of me even with help

and it gets to a point, because of stress and frustration, where my mother says "this is your last semester" then she'll flip-flop the next minute and say "you at least need to follow through and finish something."

and those are the greatest hits of my difficulties in the realm of getting an education.

dr01dguy
Toucan
Toucan

11 Dec 2011, 10:49 pm

Have you tried Desoxyn, Concerta, Dexedrine, and/or Adderall yet? If not, that would probably be a good place to start.

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 10:30 am

dr01dguy wrote:
Have you tried Desoxyn, Concerta, Dexedrine, and/or Adderall yet? If not, that would probably be a good place to start.

I don't have attention, focus or concentration problems so those meds would do me no good. I've been on antipsychotics but had to go off because I was starting to show early onset of one of the more serious long term side effects.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 4:05 pm

Two questions for ya.

1) Do you know exactly why you have difficulties with essays and formal written assignments?

2) If you cannot take more than one class at a time, is it purely due to time management or does it have to do with a difficulty switching from one task to another?

Perhaps having more routine in your life would help. It helped me immensely, but everyone's different.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.