Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Rai27
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2012, 12:10 pm

There is a boy in my class at school who has been 'making life difficult' for me since year seven (I am now in year nine) and he has said a lot of stuff about me. Generally he calls me 'it' 'spot' or 'thing', or something similar. Lately he has stopped doing this to my face as the other girls in my class have been talking to him about this, but I know he still does it behind my back. Today I had to sit next to him in my Maths class and he was openly angry about this. I asked him why he hates me so much and he said "Because I do!" He has also done things in the past, such as humiliating me in front of others and saying comments like 'Will you go out with xxx? He wants to buy you some spot cream'.

For some reason, though, I have never been angry at him or hated him at all. The other girls in my class seem to expect me to hate him for the rest of my life or something, but I tend to be overly forgiving and generous. I find it hard to hold a grudge and I have already forgiven this boy for everything even though it has not completely stopped. Probably some people on here will tell me to just be who I am, but I get really odd looks if I am nice to him at any point. Everyone expects me to avoid him or something. What should I do?

AQ - 38
DREAMS>REALITY

Peter_L
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jan 2012, 1:05 pm

What you want to do.

If you want to continue as you are doing, just say something along the lines of that he's to contemptible to be worth hating if someone challenges you over it.

Reynaert
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jan 2012, 1:49 pm

How religiously inclined is your school?

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 2:29 pm

Don't give him power, which is what you would be doing by putting your emotions into hating him.

klayman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jan 2012, 1:43 am

well, if you act like you hate him he'll know that he's affecting you, which is what he's trying to do.