Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Diabolikal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Feb 2012, 9:53 pm

I'm in the first week of a new college semester, and the one thing that dominates it is the fact that I have a professor in astronomy who kind of scares the heck out of me. And not in a "boo!" sort of way, but more, he is a very loud, loud, pressuring way, I can;t really describe it, but with only two classes I'm already nervous to go back to the class, and I have more than a dozen weeks with the guy. I try to come up with solutions, but I don't know, each time scares me out of my wits after the class is over. By the way, it's not against me personally, it's the atmosphere and tone in general.

Intrepid_Squirrel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Feb 2012, 3:49 am

haha, welcome to college? Sooner or later, you're going to get a teacher/class you dread. He does sound pretty intimidating, but usually in those cases, I find refuge in that I'm in a large body of students and that I'm there just to get my education. It's just school :D

I honestly wouldn't recommend skipping class just because of it. You're going to regret investing in a course for a whole semester only to perform poorly because you missed out on lectures.

the_beautiful_mess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Feb 2012, 6:15 am

Unfortunately, unless you feel brave and find a way to voice exactly what gets you about this guy to either a learning support teacher or counsellor or similar, then you may just have to put up with him.

Alternatively, if you fancy a more hands-on approach, you could frame him for some sort of crime so he's struck off, but I'm not sure that's wholey advisable, but I had a chemistry teacher like the one you're describing. He just lectured without a pause, and was really loud and intimidating and kind of scary. Anyways, he's just been suspended, so problem solved for me.

'I sometimes go to my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there.' ~ Joel Hodgson