Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

GuyInABlackSuit
Raven
Raven

19 Jun 2018, 7:21 pm

I am cyberschooled and have teachers who are very lenient. Oftentimes too lenient.
I am struggling in my Short Stories class at the time; while I have a C right now, everything gets finalized tonight, and I may end up getting a 60%. (UPDATE: I just finished one more assessment in that class.)
And I still have yet to do my Practical Math class, as that gets finalized on July 9th, and I may end up going to Office Hours tomorrow at 10 to try and get some additional help on the assignments.
Also, I am transferring to a regular special ed school next year, as it may be a good idea, as I am very socially reclused and in a shell that everyone around me keeps making me burrow into.
I'm too apathetic and mentally frustrated to write anymore.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2018, 7:28 pm

I was homeschooled from the fifth grade to the time I found a place to graduate. But in public school, I was bullied and treated like trash. Most of the time it was because the teacher couldn't stand the fact I was smarter than her and she made sure to put a stop to it. Some teachers admired my intelligence and liked me but teachers like that were few and far between. I was either a teacher's pet or the reverse...more often the reverse. Most of my teachers never even gave me a chance.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Jun 2018, 9:38 pm

I have AD(H)D, dyslexia, dysgraphia, & dyscalculia & on top of that I was born with a rare low vision disorder that includes some colorblindness. I can see up close but I cant see far well & glasses only help a little. It wasn't diagnosed till my senior year of high-skewl. My brain also sometimes has problems processing things I can see well, like I might not notice something I look rite at. I struggled in skewl aLOT because of all this. I was also bullied alot in elementary because of all my issues on top of my Aspegers. I HATED going to skewl & I was so burnt out when I got home that I needed to relax & wind down the rest of the day but my parents(especially my mom) were on my back a lot about my skewl work & it caused me to have LOTS of meltdowns at home. My mom actually was a teacher(she's retired now) & she always did well in skewl & was practically valedictorian when she graduated college; she would of been but she failed one of her final exams because it was a map test & she has problems processing maps. She worked her butt off to do that well & she had problems relating to my issues & disabilities. She felt I could of done alot better if I would of tried harder at home but I was just so burnt out that I couldn't give anymore other than homework. I did NOT learn by studding so I eventually quit trying at home other than doing my homework. I think I kind of developed Learned Helplessness.

Anyways things got better when I went to a skewl for dyslexia from middle of 6th through 8th grade. I was one of their best students when I graduated 8th. I was too shy & introverted to really behave bad & I did my homework & caught on to things fast. It didn't do high-skewl unfortunately so I went to a private Catholic high-skewl. I had a resource class which was a class period in a room with other people who had learning problems & there was a teacher & an aid to assist with classwork, tests, & homework. I also got to go in the room to take tests if I wanted to. I struggled in some of my classes alot & only passed some because my teachers curved my grades. It was considered a college prep skewl but because of all my issues I NEVER had any desire to go to college. I took the easiest classes I could when I was allowed to pick & the classes I did best in were more discussion based & practical for the real-world instead of further skewling.
I wasn't bullied that much there but looking back I realize people were making fun of me but I was too restarted to realize it then.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2018, 9:48 pm

nick007 wrote:
I have AD(H)D, dyslexia, dysgraphia, & dyscalculia & on top of that I was born with a rare low vision disorder that includes some colorblindness. I can see up close but I cant see far well & glasses only help a little. It wasn't diagnosed till my senior year of high-skewl. My brain also sometimes has problems processing things I can see well, like I might not notice something I look rite at. I struggled in skewl aLOT because of all this. I was also bullied alot in elementary because of all my issues on top of my Aspegers. I HATED going to skewl & I was so burnt out when I got home that I needed to relax & wind down the rest of the day but my parents(especially my mom) were on my back a lot about my skewl work & it caused me to have LOTS of meltdowns at home. My mom actually was a teacher(she's retired now) & she always did well in skewl & was practically valedictorian when she graduated college; she would of been but she failed one of her final exams because it was a map test & she has problems processing maps. She worked her butt off to do that well & she had problems relating to my issues & disabilities. She felt I could of done alot better if I would of tried harder at home but I was just so burnt out that I couldn't give anymore other than homework. I did NOT learn by studding so I eventually quit trying at home other than doing my homework. I think I kind of developed Learned Helplessness.

Anyways things got better when I went to a skewl for dyslexia from middle of 6th through 8th grade. I was one of their best students when I graduated 8th. I was too shy & introverted to really behave bad & I did my homework & caught on to things fast. It didn't do high-skewl unfortunately so I went to a private Catholic high-skewl. I had a resource class which was a class period in a room with other people who had learning problems & there was a teacher & an aid to assist with classwork, tests, & homework. I also got to go in the room to take tests if I wanted to. I struggled in some of my classes alot & only passed some because my teachers curved my grades. It was considered a college prep skewl but because of all my issues I NEVER had any desire to go to college. I took the easiest classes I could when I was allowed to pick & the classes I did best in were more discussion based & practical for the real-world instead of further skewling.
I wasn't bullied that much there but looking back I realize people were making fun of me but I was too restarted to realize it then.

^THIS^