Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 1:06 pm

I wish everybody good luck on their first day at school tomorrow or if you already started I hope it`s been going well for you. After you`ve had your first day of school feel free to share your experiences here. It doesn`t matter if you're starting high school or college.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 2:27 pm

Good luck to you too.

I'm a junior this year.

I try to view it as just part of life, not some doomsday event.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 4:39 pm

Thanks, that's a good way to view it. I personally can't help my anxiety taking over though but it's never as bad as I think it'll be.

rai
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Sep 2012, 7:02 pm

Thank you, you too! I've only got one class tomorrow, and it's a biology lab. I'm a little nervous, not for the material, but due to the social aspect of it.

RocketPeacock
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Sep 2012, 10:38 pm

I've been back for 2 weeks :P

The first day went pretty well, though I got off at 12:30 and had no idea what to do with myself for the rest of the day, since I didn't feel like waiting around for people to get out of class at 3:30.

Mmuffinn
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Sep 2012, 1:46 am

I have orientation in 5 hours, and of course I can't seem to sleep! I suppose the lack of sleep may make the mandatory pancake breakfast with unlimited coffee more enjoyable (trying to look on the bright side). Anyway, good luck to everybody else today!

largosan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Sep 2012, 7:49 am

I'm starting today as well, and unfortunately I slept until 8:10AM, while class starts at 7:49. Much to my amazement, one of the notifications on my phone was not just telling me that I had not turned off my alarm, but also that I had an email, from my school, telling me there was a two hour delay.

Lady luck smiles upon me today. I'll try to convince the guy at the gas station to let me buy a lottery ticket despite being under 18.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 10:19 pm

Well despite the horrible rainy weather and getting soaked, my day went great. My main professor seems very nice. I just had orientation today but I already made a friend so that's a good sign. This program definitely seems more like my niche. I hope everyone else's went great.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 12:12 am

Thank you! :)

I'm glad you had a good day at school.

I just went through my first day of school, and it was okay. I like the classes I have. My social anxiety is as bad as ever, but I may have improved in dealing with it.

Sempiternal
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 1:04 am

I started on August 14th.

It's been alright, academically. Socially, I don't have any close bonds with people like always, just acquaintances that don't seem to care if I'm there or not. It makes me a bit lonely, but it's just too stressful trying to start making friends again. I have a lot of homework this year though. I guess it'll keep me company then. :lol:

Glad your day went pretty well though. :)

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

07 Sep 2012, 4:37 pm

OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD

SO MUCH FREAKING WORK. 8O