Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

JohnConnor
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2013, 12:36 am

So I graduate in just a few months and I am looking forward to not being a poor college student anymore.........I went on youtube and I was listening to a man by the name of Henry Rollins. He started out the speech saying young person, even though I am 33 I think it still applies to me.

'Young person, you will find that there are people in your path who have more advantages than you. Who may come from money. Who never had to learn where a dollar comes from. Who got to wreck the hotel room and never pay the bill. People who for whom the ease and confidence of life was a birthright where as for you it was something you had to fight for.' Of course I am not quoting him exactly but those words spoke to me.

Its like every time I see a group of happy, attractive well off people having a good time I just think to myself, "please take me with you wherever you are going". Yeah I know it sounds shallow but I don't care. I doubt that I am the only person who has that thought. But it just takes time. Not being diagnosed until you were 26 for me meant that I had alot of damage that I had to fix before I could get to that point.

So then I had to decide on whether I should pursue a salary position in the private sector or with the Government. Based on what I have seen, the Government seems like the way to go. Just needed to get this off my chest to whoever would listen.