Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ParaSait
Raven
Raven

21 Jul 2013, 6:20 pm

Has it ever happened to you that you get bored in school and just sort of go and "reverse the roles" whenever you see the chance?

University teachers are mostly highly knowledgeable people so it doesn't really happen to me anymore except for some minor corrections I occasionally make. Back when I was in secondary school though it was a golden age when it came to that.
Teacher gets an error or bug when trying to compile or run the code he just wrote? I snap out of "bored mode" for a few seconds, take a quick glance at it and I go fix it.
A teacher once handed out a register/login code for use in our php project, but I thought it was kinda bad I just decided to write my own from scratch. After all the other people in class adopted my code, the teacher took a look at it and she said she was gonna replace her old one with mine for next school year!
Best thing that happened though was when the teachers just literally decided to ask me if I could help out with rewriting their report card generating system (the original was a fairly inefficient and messy) and then later a new sms based food ordering system for the cafetaria.

I'm rarely really interested in school lectures and I usually just kill my time a bit, so of course I'm always very happy to help out like that. :D
I was just wondering if it's the same thing for you guys?

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 8:17 pm

ParaSait wrote:
Has it ever happened to you that you get bored in school and just sort of go and "reverse the roles" whenever you see the chance?

University teachers are mostly highly knowledgeable people so it doesn't really happen to me anymore except for some minor corrections I occasionally make. Back when I was in secondary school though it was a golden age when it came to that.
Teacher gets an error or bug when trying to compile or run the code he just wrote? I snap out of "bored mode" for a few seconds, take a quick glance at it and I go fix it.
A teacher once handed out a register/login code for use in our php project, but I thought it was kinda bad I just decided to write my own from scratch. After all the other people in class adopted my code, the teacher took a look at it and she said she was gonna replace her old one with mine for next school year!
Best thing that happened though was when the teachers just literally decided to ask me if I could help out with rewriting their report card generating system (the original was a fairly inefficient and messy) and then later a new sms based food ordering system for the cafetaria.

I'm rarely really interested in school lectures and I usually just kill my time a bit, so of course I'm always very happy to help out like that. :D
I was just wondering if it's the same thing for you guys?

Yes, lots.
You're an excellent example of the gifts that Autism can bestow. Creative, Brilliant, Generous.

RedwoodCat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jul 2013, 2:09 pm

Yes, this happened all the time in school, and it's the same with my daughter. Unfortunately this got me in a lot of trouble in the work world.

kaedatiger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Aug 2013, 4:32 am

I always got irritated in middle and high school when teachers made a mistake in the subject they were teaching, like saying that the chance of a jack in a deck of cards is 1/4 for a math class or a literature/ English teacher who couldn't find the object in a participle phrase. At least now that I'm in college, the professors who make mistakes don't do it in their subject of instruction, and the school paper has much fewer mistakes than the one at my supposedly "excellent" high school.

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 7:43 am

I feel an urge to correct teachers, but I do not do it. I think they would be angry with me. Reversing roles is great, but only history teacher allows us to become "the teacher", and I hate history.
Also, we musn't correct teachers ad auctoritatem, and we can't correct teachers ad baculum.
Anyway, education before college/university suck.