Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

heyitsjessieyall
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Apr 2015, 11:47 pm

So my high school prom is coming up on Thursday, and I've already gotten a dress, shoes, and everything else ready for prom.

But as I put more thought into it, I'm starting to question whether or not it's even worth going. I get to hang out with my friends and have fun, but on the other hand, you only wear your dress for one day and you never wear it again(plus I'm the only girl who doesn't even have a date, so... -forever alone- )

Should I go anyway? Or is it just a huge waste of money? ;/

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 12:46 am

I did not go to mine...I figured the music would suck, and I didn't really have any friends so I figured it wasn't worth spending any money on. I didn't really have any anyways and the ticket to even go was like 50 dollars, I suppose my mom or dad would have helped if I had really wanted to go...but I didn't feel like sitting in the corner and watching everyone dance to music I hate. If I remember right instead of that I watched couple movies I like and pigged out on some ice cream and soda that I didn't have to pay 4.50 for.

hilaryy_renee_
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Apr 2015, 2:03 am

I personally didn't go to prom, considering I was homeschooled throughout all of high school. I also didn't care whatsoever to go to prom, even if I did have that opportunity.
I say that since you have bought and prepared everything to go to prom, you should just go to have that experience and to most importantly, have fun ! Who knows ? You might, one day, attend an event where you're able to wear your prom dress again. :roll:

evilsithwraith666
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Apr 2015, 11:16 am

I dropped out of public school( and went to private school) just a few months before my prom would begin. I never regretted my decision.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 1:11 pm

Since you already got all the things, just try it, it might be fun.

heyitsjessieyall
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Apr 2015, 9:23 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I did not go to mine...I figured the music would suck, and I didn't really have any friends so I figured it wasn't worth spending any money on. I didn't really have any anyways and the ticket to even go was like 50 dollars, I suppose my mom or dad would have helped if I had really wanted to go...but I didn't feel like sitting in the corner and watching everyone dance to music I hate. If I remember right instead of that I watched couple movies I like and pigged out on some ice cream and soda that I didn't have to pay 4.50 for.

Hahahaha, that's kind of how I felt about it, too. xD Partly because I did go to prom last year when I was a junior and while it was fun, it wasn't as fun as people hyped it up to be. I have that feeling that it'll be the same way, you know?

It's also more of a school thing because my grades aren't at a place that I'm happy with and I feel like I can't have go out and have fun while trying to raise my grades in order to graduate.

Sempiternal
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2015, 3:24 am

It depends on who you go with and what you expect to do I guess. The only dance held at my high school that I've been to was the senior prom. I attended it during my junior year because a friend asked me to be his date. I didn't know a lot of the senior class so I spent my time with my date, talking about science, programming and math. If you have auditory sensory issues, the lighting and music could be a problem... We often took breaks to hang out near the food and drinks where it was significantly calmer. It was a nice experience and I didn't regret going... but I don't know if it deserves the hype. :P

I didn't go to my own senior prom, because I had to go off to a robotics competition. I did attend Roboprom though. No regrets about missing prom whatsoever. :heart: :lol:

Dmarcotte
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 May 2015, 9:09 am

I went to my senior prom and while I enjoyed spending a night with my friends, it really didn't live up to all of the hype. I would say that if you already have everything maybe go, but make sure you have a way to leave whenever you want (drive yourself so you don't depend on someone else for a ride)

That way if it does turn out to be boring or to much sensory input you can just leave.

a_dork
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 May 2015, 3:04 pm

You should go anyway. Unless you can get a refund for the dress, shoes, and other goodies, the money's already been spent. I didn't go to prom, but I knew some who went stag and had a great time.

― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 10:55 am

How was it?

Flacker
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 May 2015, 7:34 pm

Well, unless you have a date, I say it isn't. You see, most people go to the prom with a date, and if you go alone, seeing all the people around you with dates, while you're single just makes you feel left out.

heyitsjessieyall
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 May 2015, 9:37 pm

SocOfAutism wrote:
How was it?

I ended up going and I'm actually glad I went! I had fun and it was definitely a night to remember. :)

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 10:27 pm

I went to mine because I was invited by a girl to it and it seemed like the ethical thing to do at that point. I didn't like it at all, but she enjoyed it a lot and I'm happy about that.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Rich99
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2015, 3:49 pm

I've decided that I will be going to mine, at least if I could get the form and money in this week (I forgot about it for a while due to AP exams :oops: ). Anyway, I just decided to go in order to at least meet with a few of my friends, some of whom I don't exactly think could show up. Aside from that, I think that I might just stay for only a little while because the experience itself could be a little jarring for me.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 6:18 pm

I don't really know if all people see it important but this year I'm not going to the prom and my classmates were surprised about it because they consider prom an important thing but I don't, I just see it as any party. I know some people like it also for socializing but I'm not social and my head would start hurting the minute I enter from all the noise and people.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 4:17 pm

heyitsjessieyall wrote:

I ended up going and I'm actually glad I went! I had fun and it was definitely a night to remember. :)

Did you grind with anyone?