How do I leave alternative school?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

PropaneLover
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Apr 2016, 2:20 pm

I am 17, and I had a lot of trouble in the 9th grade with anxiety, so I ended up in full alternative school, but eventually earned by way into semi-alternative school, with some classes in special ed and some outside in regular ed, and a parapro following me everywhere....my distant father promised to take me to visit relatives abroad if I stayed outside of the alternative program for a whole year......I am in the 11th grade now.....but I am having trouble avoiding engaging in my target behaviors, namely inappropriate discussion topics, feigning illness, escape behaviors, etc. and I may have used up all of the maximum number of incidents in which I can do that and go on to regular ed....I haven't seen my relatives in 3 years...what should I do?

CanadianCyanide
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 May 2016, 6:32 pm

Honestly, if your father is trying to make you exit a program where you're getting helped by rewarding you with taking you to see relatives, that's not very healthy. Your father seems like he is taking a bad approach to this by putting you into a school where you might not do well (Unless there's a big piece of the story I'm missing) Do you have any other immediate relatives (mother, aunts and uncles, grandparents, etc) that you can talk to about this? If you do, I would highly recommend it.