I took a three year break from school...

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2016, 1:32 am

And wow... I could've had my degree by now. People 4 years is a long time, but the past four years went by in a blink.

On the bright side, it's sort of a blessing. I've learned from my mistakes I made in college. I matured a lot. I know what my strengths and limits are. I want to go back this upcoming spring.

But really, college (or some kind of career preparation) is the most important thing one can do in their 20's (in my opinion). Parties, drugs, etc are fun at first but they're really an empty pursuit. Missing out on TV, movies, video games is a sacrifice, but I can just consume the best ones and save the rest for when I'm not as busy. Going to college is a financial sacrifice too, but I've learned that my happiest moments in my life were the times I had few possessions, but a lot of my emotional and psychological needs met.

I used to think that I was missing out because I was going to school. Not really. It's harder to make friends and date women outside of a campus atmosphere. All one has is their co-workers, and in my case, in the jobs I've had, most of the people there couldn't relate to me on an intellectual level like some people from college could.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 3:45 pm

I've found that people have intellectual conversations in college way more often than a lot of other places. Plus, there more opportunities to make friends than in many workplaces. College opens doors to try cool internships also. Best of luck :)