Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2018, 11:04 am

Somedays when Im in a very bad mood, I show up to school late, leave early or I just dont go. School is stressful. Its loud and even though I can work somewhere quiet, the school work stresses me out and I cant sit still.

I get overwhelmed in class and start rocking and waving my arms around. I also click my teeth. When I am like that, my teachers have a difficult time calming me down. At least I dont bite anymore. Sometimes I get out of my seat and wander around. My aide follows me, to see what is wrong.

Sometimes I go nonverbal and dont respond which is when I can leave the class and work somewhere else. Or I start to speak in 3rd person. It makes people feel uncomfortable.

Sometimes it feels weird to have 2 invisible "disabilities"(ADHD, Autism). People cant see it and that causes them to feel even more surprised and shocked when I act out. Sometimes I wish people were better educated.

Orion
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 May 2018, 8:52 pm

You could talk to your school about holding an Autism/ADHD information session or just talking to your class about why you do certain things. Sometimes it's not as scary for NT's if they get the reasoning behind the behavior.

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2018, 9:14 am

Thats a good idea. Im tired of being a person that people stare and laugh at.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2018, 10:29 am

I can relate. Towards the end of school, I got overwhelmed by all the noise and stress of it. I left the room a lot and had frequent outbursts and meltdowns.

jamunarani
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jun 2018, 6:10 am

Yeah. School is difficult but you have to pass schooling to get into good work. But most of the things we study are never ever used in our work or day to day life. The system has to change and come up with practical studies.