Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

BeckyToTheMoon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Mar 2019, 7:51 am

College not high school

People will see I'm sitting some place qnd will go out of their way to avoid me. I pretend I don't notice when they look directly at me and sit across the class like I have cooties or something

I know I shouldn't care that I should be more worried about school work. But this has been happening all my life people avoid me
I dont smell. I even practiced smiling just so people will like me. I try so hard to be like them and it still doesnt work. 8O

Any advice?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 9:58 am

BeckyToTheMoon wrote:
… People will see I'm sitting some place and will go out of their way to avoid me...
Do you have a disability? Does that disability have visible symptoms (i.e., shaking, spasms, jerky motions, et cetera)? Does that disability require you to use mechanical assistance (i.e., wheelchair, crutches, electric scooter, et cetera)? Does that disability require the use of an assistance animal?

Sometimes, when people see a disabled person, their first reaction is to move away and avoid the person with the disability.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 6:48 pm

If you want to sit next to someone, come into the room at the last minute

But I seriously do not understand what is the problem

Some college classrooms are crowded. Small desks, etc. More room is good. For me