Community Colleges Consider Building Dorms

Page 2 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 7:32 am

...I don't think the lump sum is all that much. It might amount to what would be, if I was not getting SSDI, enough to live on for - less than a year, perhaps, if I got a decent studio/one-room/- similar apartment/room* & also got a decent bed, lights, a chair or two and a surface,. other ' living things ", including a reftigerator microwave cookinv surface - and some kind of TV/DVD/audio.
*-I could live with " a room.of my own " that is not a literal seperate apartment but I'd seperate...and least had its own sink & toilet, a half-bathtoom, even if s full one, with a shower, was down the hall - and the toilet would need at least some degree of bars/handicapped suitability - as would the place in general :(.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 6:18 am

...I tend to be rather tired :( - Not having a place of my own I can't sleep on my own schedule :cry: . There's this charity free lunch meal - fairly - near me that I used to go to very much - Now, frankly, the, may e 8-1/ blocks to.it is a bit of a long walk - at least with a bit uphill and a fair leg fairly strongly downhill on a stretch of street where fairly fast card go by and I got slightly brushed by a car s little ago - at least as late as the time tendd to be if I leave where zI am at 12:15-1#:30-ish - I can generally get there, if I push, by sometime after 2, and they close at 2:30 - but I think I am.overly straining myself in walking that fast that far but the time demands it.
Getting going eaier J might not be straining.my slow-walking, CHF-affected :cry: self do but I am :( - briefly, my screwed-up sleep schedule gets me leaving late.
I mentioned over at that ' Where Do I Go? " line that warning about, in the most pessimistic interpretation, of me possibly not having long to live if my kidneys get worse - Or, have much dailydis, which I guess would keep me alive but rather tie me down. I thought after that that, if in a more pessimisy interpretation, I had little time to live...I'd at least want to get some months of reading and watching movies and trying to write if I can somehow be taught how to write for savibility on a computer :cry: + as I've never been able to be taught to be.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 8:38 am

There's nothing to teach really. You click on an icon, type stuff on a page and then click save. Pretty much like posting to WP and FB. These days computer lessions are about high end stuff like programming and writing code etc. Having no interest in that, I've never been in a computer class. And you're one up on me, I have no idea how to use Facebook.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 10:16 pm

...I meant " get there after 1, they close at 1:30 ", above.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2019, 11:55 am

ASS-P wrote:
. . . if I got a decent studio/one-room/- similar apartment/room* & also got a decent bed, lights, a chair or two and a surface,. other ' living things ", including a reftigerator microwave cookinv surface - and some kind of TV/DVD/audio.
*-I could live with " a room.of my own " that is not a literal seperate apartment but I'd seperate...and least had its own sink & toilet, a half-bathtoom, even if s full one, with a shower, was down the hall - and the toilet would need at least some degree of bars/handicapped suitability - as would the place in general :(.
You have relatively simple tastes in housing just like I have relatively simple tastes in housing. Plus, throw in a nearby library and/or bookstore. :D

————

at different times I have dived into screenwriting

have heard advice which recommends starting with a premise in which a character wants something badly and has a hard time getting it,

and wing it from there, and if the main character changes in what they want, that’s arc of character and is a good thing. If it doesn’t, then you have a more straightforward story, and that sometimes plays to strength, too.

the advice to to write with barefoot irreverence and embrace your mistakes!

Maybe. I have not been outstandingly successful with it, would like to just have more fun with it for the time being. :jester:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2019, 5:09 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
ASS-P wrote:
. . . if I got a decent studio/one-room/- similar apartment/room* & also got a decent bed, lights, a chair or two and a surface,. other ' living things ", including a reftigerator microwave cookinv surface - and some kind of TV/DVD/audio.
You have relatively simple tastes in housing just like I have relatively simple tastes in housing. Plus, throw in a nearby library and/or bookstore. :D

...I'd need a decent computer/Internet, of course. And I'd like a good, fairly large in A library, one, like I've never had :( . I want at least part of it to get natural sun when I wnnt it - And curtains/whatever to make it dark when I want that. I'd like somewhere nearby that you could sit in the sun when it's suitable snd someahere you could lie/sit in the grass when it's suitable - which would require some kind of pole/rock within reach, really, to get myself up from a ground position unsided, given my crippledness :cry:.
As I said, I don't think the lump sum could support this completely alone for long. The most pessimistic interpretation of my kidney problems says I may not have long to live (Or, if I live longer I would be tied to I suppose quite frequent dialysis.) - when aI heard that, I thought, " well, get some last months out of that money, anyway, even if it's not enough for longer life ". :( .
I have taken a CBD and THC 50/50 pot gummi. My eyes are seeing stronger colors - not a 1960s ' trip "/psychedelic movie sequence, just stronger lighting/brighter-looking. My eyes to tend to be quite weak, finding much inside lighting not really enough to read something not a lighted s teen, or at least a strain :( . It's hard for me, in the shelter or on the street, to find a comfortable position to sit down and read - or just plain sitting down :( .
————

at different times I have dived into screenwriting

have heard advice which recommends starting with a premise in which a character wants something badly and has a hard time getting it,

and wing it from there, and if the main character changes in what they want, that’s arc of character and is a good thing. If it doesn’t, then you have a more straightforward story, and that sometimes plays to strength, too.

the advice to to write with barefoot irreverence and embrace your mistakes!

Maybe. I have not been outstandingly successful with it, would like to just have more fun with it for the time being. :jester:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 11:49 pm

...I had more stolen to-day :( , mostly from a, IIRC, previously never-stolen place :( - the shelf in the large public library where you leave stuff while you do the bathroom - maybe I'm now seeming old and.det-uponable by the stronger in the pack, no? :cry: .
I cough again and again :cry: . Sometimes it's really body-shaking. I get asked if I used to be a smoker - I never smoked tobacco in my whole entire life.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 3:55 pm

...I had as much as $105 or so.stolen from me :cry: - I'm not sure. It was in my jacket, which I keep on basically at all times except when I'm in the shelter resting at which time I take it off and put in under the mattress in my cot with my money and wallet/stuff still in it : so the thrift would have to have gone for my jacket underneath the cot when I was away from the cot in the bathroom or something and taken out of the cot's bottom and the $25 it so that was in the outer side pocket and the $80 or so that was in the inside pocket both taken out :cry: - Which would have required some noticeable standing around :cry: .
What can I do :cry: ?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 4:58 pm

Report the theft to the shelter authorities.

That sucks! I know how you feel.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 4:53 am

...I lost a draft :cry:
I was going to report it just to say to you I did it, but I didn't :( . I tend to think at best I'd get some sy lathy but nothing se : or just a " Well, it was 't in my shift " :( or such - Or possibly even if not actively backing up the theft, chuckling at if, even encouraging it by staff. Perhaps.
Now I feel..Ihave to keep.the jacket on at all times. I bad saved some money :cry: .

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 5:17 am

Get a fanny pack and keep it in there.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 5:30 am

...I think my wallet, cards, are safer in an inside jacket pocket.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 7:13 am

Sure as long as you are wearing your jacket. Personally i do not have a wallet. I keep my cards and cash in my side pocket. But I have a feeling the kind of pants you describe wearing do not have pockets.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 8:19 am

It's probably safest in a jacket pocket with a zipper. In San Francisco, it rarely gets hot enough for one to not wear a jacket.

I don't know how it is in the shelter itself.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 9:53 pm

I would not disagree with that except stuff just got stolen from a jacket.

The only way someone is ever going to be able to steal my cards/cash or cellphone is if they mug me. Most pickpockets usually only go for a wallet in a back pocket.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 10:55 pm

...The money would've been, I'm sure, stolen from the jacket when I was not wearing it, when it was under my cot's mattress...Perhaps when I was in the john :( .