Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Katou
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jul 2007, 2:29 pm

I heard a lot of good about Concordia. It's actually on my short list of potential schools should I plan to return to post-secondary studies in the near future :)

zee
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2007, 5:01 am

Whereever you go, do NOT go to the University of Lethbridge. I went there for a year and I was suicidal most of the time, plus you're really isolated.
Vancouver is the warmest place in Canada. I went to UBC... I didn't know I was an Aspie at the time, so I can't comment on that side of the matter. But it's a nice university, kind of like its own city. The one thing you have to be on top of is housing. The dorms fill up really fast, and it's hard to find decent-priced housing in the rush... unless you like long commutes.

Sylvius
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jul 2007, 11:48 am

zee wrote:
Whereever you go, do NOT go to the University of Lethbridge. I went there for a year and I was suicidal most of the time, plus you're really isolated.

It's the wind. Lethbridge has quite a high suicide rate because of the constant howling wind.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 1:12 am

Sylvius wrote:
zee wrote:

It's the wind. Lethbridge has quite a high suicide rate because of the constant howling wind.

Ha ha! That's good.

Sylvius
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jul 2007, 12:58 pm

zee wrote:
Sylvius wrote:
zee wrote:

Ha ha! That's good.

I'm serious. It's so unrelentingly windy there it drives people to kill themselves.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 6:38 pm

I personally enjoyed the wind! Where did you hear that?
To me the whole town seemed like a dead end... like there was nowhere to go but back to where you had come from. I felt very hopeless and very alone.

cruimh_shionnachain
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 9:15 pm

I don't know if Nova Scotia is too far away, but St. Francis Xavier University has an awesome psychology department. It's better known for the Geology department, but generally it's a very scientific school. It's cheap, only about 7000CAD a year.

Apathy is not a vice, it is a relieving and downright enjoyable life-choice.

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2007, 10:57 am

I go to the University of Alberta majoring in Philosophy and Psychology.
Have been enjoying it except the social expectations.