I wonder does today aspie kids are bullied ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 10:46 am

I wonder does today aspie kids are bullied in school or universities.

I'm 34 years old I'm from Poland, I was on so-called (in Polish (Indiwidualny tok naucznia) Individualised lesson plan so I would not be bullied or disturb other NT kids but thought according to the standard Polish school curriculum.

I was diagnosed with "learning disabilities" and suspected ADD / ADHD, only then it was concluded that neither one nor the other, but Aspergers Syndrome.

Every year my mother sent me to such a summer camp combined with behavioral therapy and group therapy (I was kidding myself that group therapy is as interesting as group sex)
My mother said that I should be glad that I can play with other kids like me, that from what she heard, in America my parents have to pay a lot of money for such camps, and in Poland, even though we are a poor, but normal country, such facilities it finances the state from the national health fund

But also there, as an introvert, I was tormented there, through extroverted kids with ADHD, and finally one exaggerated and I beat him, and most importantly according to the Polish law, because in Poland you can have serious problems for beating someone unless someone hits you as the first, so I provoked such a bully that he hit me first, and then I beat him as much as the Knights beat the Germans at Grundwald, this is what we say in Poland.

Because according to Polish law you can fight off your opponent or even kill him, the legal doctrine "my castle is my stronghold" the Americans seem to say that "Stand Your Ground"so i beat him and stood on him quite literally even trough i was considered wimp and nerd, but got loot of friends later on :mrgreen:

I remember reading a book by one Polish historian about World War II that President Franklin Delano Roosevelt knew that the Japanese were to attack Hawaii, he even had radar data, but he deliberately ignored it so that he could pretend to world opinion and, above all, to his own American voters that America was the victim of an "unexpected" treacherous attack from Japan, anyway Hitler tried to do a similar Gliwice provocation by attacking his own German radio station in then still German Gliwice, I thought I know that I would do the same with this bully :mrgreen:

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 2:52 pm

I was bullied for a time, but that's stopped now. Cool story - but I'd never do that.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 9:10 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
I was bullied for a time, but that's stopped now. Cool story - but I'd never do that.

Why it's helped me when I was a kid :D

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2021, 2:07 pm

I don't want to hurt anyone unless in self-defence. I have strong morals.

robotrecall
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Location: In a floating candy house with a flying pet unicorn

17 Jan 2021, 10:52 am

Yes they do. Level 3 autistic kids get bullied as well. I honestly hated my teen years (13-19 year old) because of this. I've got bullied verbally and emotionally by a trio when I was in third grade, and my Junior and Senior year I got bullied emotionally and verbally by a group of self loathing pricks. I also got picked on in sixth grade, but I forgave the people that did tease me in third grade and in sixth grade. I saw one of the people from high school a little over a year ago and it looked like they wanted to kill me tbh. I think they're miserable people.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2021, 4:03 am

robotrecall wrote:
Yes they do. Level 3 autistic kids get bullied as well. I honestly hated my teen years (13-19 year old) because of this. I've got bullied verbally and emotionally by a trio when I was in third grade, and my Junior and Senior year I got bullied emotionally and verbally by a group of self loathing pricks. I also got picked on in sixth grade, but I forgave the people that did tease me in third grade and in sixth grade. I saw one of the people from high school a little over a year ago and it looked like they wanted to kill me tbh. I think they're miserable people.

I wonder how many aspies finally snap and beat up crap of bully and later have problems instead of the bully :D

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2021, 3:39 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if a few did that. The sad thing is that they've been pushed that far.

TatjanaErika
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2021, 7:27 am

In my country bullying isn't rare at all, even normal students frequently get bullied. I was very lucky that my education was very important to my parents, so they always sent me to schools with good reputation where aggression wouldn't be tolerated, even though they had to drive me there for half an hour. I was still ridiculed, maligned and avoided by most of my classmates, especially girls, but luckily I have never been beaten. I suppose beating is more common with boys, there was a boy in my class who was beaten a few times. Hopefully you got over those bad experiences. I wonder if people get bullied as adults, at workplace for example.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2021, 10:53 pm

It is likely kids who are on the spectrum now are bullied just as much (or even more)
than kids who were bullied (for example) 10-15 years ago.

CherryTomato
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Mar 2021, 3:17 pm

In my experience, bullying is something that hasn't gone away. In elementary school, exclusion was the most common form of bullying I experienced. I had some male lunch buddies, but then the recess supervisors and one of my parents banned me from hanging out with them because they probably didn't want a girl around (even one who could make the LOUDEST dinosaur noises on the playground.) I was then forced to join girl scouts to make female friends; unfortunately, verbal and exclusionary bullying were my troop's specialty. Due to sensory needs and PCOS, I developed an androgynous look during puberty and that led to daily verbal harassment with four cases of physical harassment (only two required self-defense though). College and my last year of high school have been better in terms of bullying. I still hear verbal insults on occasion, but it's rare. The issue of professors and peers misunderstanding my body language and oral/written communication can lead to some exclusion, but it's mild because I've gotten better at carving out a social niche.

I wasn't diagnosed with autism until college, and it seems to help with the bullying because some people are a bit more willing to shift their expectations of who I should be.

CheddarBetter
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Apr 2021, 8:04 pm

CherryTomato wrote:
In my experience, bullying is something that hasn't gone away. In elementary school, exclusion was the most common form of bullying I experienced. I had some male lunch buddies, but then the recess supervisors and one of my parents banned me from hanging out with them because they probably didn't want a girl around (even one who could make the LOUDEST dinosaur noises on the playground.) I was then forced to join girl scouts to make female friends; unfortunately, verbal and exclusionary bullying were my troop's specialty. Due to sensory needs and PCOS, I developed an androgynous look during puberty and that led to daily verbal harassment with four cases of physical harassment (only two required self-defense though). College and my last year of high school have been better in terms of bullying. I still hear verbal insults on occasion, but it's rare. The issue of professors and peers misunderstanding my body language and oral/written communication can lead to some exclusion, but it's mild because I've gotten better at carving out a social niche.

I wasn't diagnosed with autism until college, and it seems to help with the bullying because some people are a bit more willing to shift their expectations of who I should be.

I really can related to this person as an autistic person with hormonal issues and adulthood autism diagnosis. I was also ostracized too. It makes me feel that I'm not alone because I frequently have that feeling.

Verity2006
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 May 2021, 10:23 am

Yes I'm at secondary school and get bullied every day. I did try and stand up for myself and was thrown in mud and like laughed at. I hated the feel of mud on my skin and in my hair.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 2:30 pm

Verity2006 wrote:
Yes I'm at secondary school and get bullied every day. I did try and stand up for myself and was thrown in mud and like laughed at. I hated the feel of mud on my skin and in my hair.

But at least you stand for yourself :)