Computer Science students looking for friends?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

IvoryTophee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Oct 2020, 8:22 pm

Hey, new to the site here ^^ I'm 19 and currently studying compsci at a stem school near Manhattan, and I was wondering if there were any other compsci/software dev/programming fans here who wanted to chat? PM or reply ^^

jole
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Oct 2020, 3:45 pm

Hey. What are you studying (more specifically) at the moment? I'm not in college or university but taught myself programming and have recently also been studying more theoretical stuff (like BSTs, segment trees, etc)

IvoryTophee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2020, 4:53 pm

jole wrote:
Hey. What are you studying (more specifically) at the moment? I'm not in college or university but taught myself programming and have recently also been studying more theoretical stuff (like BSTs, segment trees, etc)

At the moment Im taking two CS courses, one is on discrete math and one is on assembly and computer organization

jole
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Oct 2020, 7:45 am

IvoryTophee wrote:
At the moment Im taking two CS courses, one is on discrete math and one is on assembly and computer organization

cool, i have done some 6502 asm for NES

Torrio
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Nov 2020, 1:09 am

Good to have you. I'm also a computer science student, But i have no knowledge about programming. I'm focused on Internet oppression. I would love to learn programming soon. We can be friends of course

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 3:44 am

Torrio wrote:
Good to have you. I'm also a computer science student, But i have no knowledge about programming. I'm focused on Internet oppression. I would love to learn programming soon. We can be friends of course

What do you mean by "Internet oppression"?

Beekeeper120
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2020, 5:32 pm

Hey. I'm a compsci major as well. I just finished taking attacks and exploits and theory of computation. Next semester I'm taking networking and computer organization. Let's chat sometime.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 2:53 pm

I am looking to go back for computer science over the summer. I already program in my spare time. Wish me luck.

hypostasis
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Mar 2021, 11:24 pm

Feel free to hmu anyone. I like to study low-level computing, computing ethics, and decentralized networks.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 6:43 am

IvoryTophee wrote:
Hey, new to the site here ^^ I'm 19 and currently studying compsci at a stem school near Manhattan, and I was wondering if there were any other compsci/software dev/programming fans here who wanted to chat? PM or reply ^^

Feel free to join us in the next online chat meeting of Autistic Techies of the NYC Area. Dunno if any other students will show up, but you'll definitely have a chance to chat with some professional programmers and engineers who are also on the autism spectrum too and who may be able to give you some worthwhile advice. It would be nice to have some students in the group too.

The next meeting will be on Monday, April 26. If interested, please RSVP on the Meetup site here. Hopefully we'll be able to meet in person sometime after the COVID crisis is over with.