Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anna
Toucan
Toucan

27 Aug 2005, 9:16 pm

Serissa, I love your siglines. Those are great. I've got a tshirt that says "talk nerdy to me!"

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2005, 10:07 pm

Anna wrote:
Serissa, I love your siglines. Those are great. I've got a tshirt that says "talk nerdy to me!"

That was a bad move. You shoudl NOT have told me that. Now I have to track you down, break into your closet, steal the shirt, and- oh, wait, crap, I'm acting like an evil movie villian and telling the hero my plan. So, uh, forget I said anything. Just, thanks, and that shirts sounds cool... *zoom in on me twiddling my fingers while ominous music keys up* ...cool indeed....

EDIT ((Since this is an AS forum I may add here that was not a threat but me being goofy and overtired))

Anna
Toucan
Toucan

27 Aug 2005, 11:07 pm

Serissa wrote:
Anna wrote:

That was a bad move. You shoudl NOT have told me that. Now I have to track you down, break into your closet, steal the shirt, and- oh, wait, crap, I'm acting like an evil movie villian and telling the hero my plan. So, uh, forget I said anything. Just, thanks, and that shirts sounds cool... *zoom in on me twiddling my fingers while ominous music keys up* ...cool indeed....

EDIT ((Since this is an AS forum I may add here that was not a threat but me being goofy and overtired))

What's wierd is that, at first (like the first line of your response), I thought I'd offended you! I had this brief moment of "oh s*it" before I read the rest and saw that you were just being silly... then I thought it was quite funny.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2005, 5:01 pm

earthmonkey wrote:
I, too, am interested in physics, but our school doesn't let people take physics until they have completed Algebra II (so I can take it next year). That sucks about the library fines, though. I hope you don't have trouble in borrowing the books from your professor.

Namiko, you're in high school, correct? Your school has religion, psychology, and web page design classes?

The elective I will take during my senior year will probably be either philosophy, mass media, acting technique I, graphic design, or photography. I'm not sure which one, yet.

Yeah, I'm still in high school. The school I go to is a private school (keeps me from being special ed at a government run school...), so there are mandatory religion classes. Two of the electives offered are an intro to psychology class and a simple web page design class. :)

The school I attend does not let students take physics unless they are enrolled in (or have taken) pre calculus honors. Calculus can also be used. Physics is a good class. I advise you to take it if you can. :D

hell_grey
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Aug 2005, 5:06 pm

this is what im taking for my Senior year of HS.

AP calculus
AP bio
Anatomy
Computer Graphics 2
English 12
US/VA Government
Comparative Religion

I am excited for AP Bio. Computer Graphics is fun but I hope I don't get a certain teacher.. I had her last year and she's a total b***h. English and Government will be boooooooooooring. I like reading, but English in school has never been fun for me. I'm also excited for comparative religions although I hear its a slack class. I am indifferent about calculus, but eager to see how well (or badly) i will do.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2005, 5:25 pm

hell_grey wrote:
this is what im taking for my Senior year of HS.

AP calculus
AP bio
Anatomy
Computer Graphics 2
English 12
US/VA Government
Comparative Religion

I am excited for AP Bio. Computer Graphics is fun but I hope I don't get a certain teacher.. I had her last year and she's a total b****. English and Government will be boooooooooooring. I like reading, but English in school has never been fun for me. I'm also excited for comparative religions although I hear its a slack class. I am indifferent about calculus, but eager to see how well (or badly) i will do.

Calculus was awesome. Most of it is pretty theoretical, though, but it's heavily applied in physics. Are you taking Calc AB or Calc BC? Ditto about the English. None of the English teachers at my school are very good at teaching it. And gov. I hope you have a fun time in AP bio. I almost took it, but decided on AP chem instead. :D

hell_grey
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Aug 2005, 6:10 pm

I had a hard time choosing between AP Bio, Chem and Physics. I was afraid of taking Physics because it is not my best subject, but I do like it. I was worried it would be math overload since I'm already taking calculus. Also.. if I did badly in Calculus, that might mean I'd do badly in Physics too since it requires calc... and I don't want to risk 2 bad grades in my last year of HS.

Anyways, I hope you have fun in chemistry. A couple of my friends took it last year and loved it. How are the labs? In the past, science labs haven't interested me much or I just don't seem to get anything out of them. I'm hoping the AP labs will be more interesting and/or the other students will at least want to try to do them correctly. In regular science classes I've noticed most students only want to put in the minimum effort.

I'm taking AP Calculus AB. Did you take AP Calc too? I wish I could have taken BC but I didn't take the prerequisite course... I was lazy last year and took Trig/Math Analysis instead of Prehonors Calc. Oh well! :roll:

Deadevil129
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Aug 2005, 11:38 am

English(Madndatory) - Higher Level
Irish(Madndatory) - Higher Level
Maths(Madndatory) - Higher Level
Religion(Madndatory)
P.E(Mandatory)
German - Higher Level
Art - Higher Level
Chemistry - Higher Level
Biology - Higher Level
Physics - Higher Level

Damn Irish school sytems, seems like a lot of things to do.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 8:58 pm

I am taking:

Biology
Geography
Geometry
English
Mississippi History

-SpaceCase :D

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 9:15 pm

hell_grey wrote:
Anyways, I hope you have fun in chemistry. A couple of my friends took it last year and loved it. How are the labs? In the past, science labs haven't interested me much or I just don't seem to get anything out of them. I'm hoping the AP labs will be more interesting and/or the other students will at least want to try to do them correctly. In regular science classes I've noticed most students only want to put in the minimum effort.

I'm taking AP Calculus AB. Did you take AP Calc too? I wish I could have taken BC but I didn't take the prerequisite course... I was lazy last year and took Trig/Math Analysis instead of Prehonors Calc. Oh well! :roll:

Chem is fun. Right now it's more of an obsession than a class. We're doing lots of labs and studying thermodynamics right now. It's really cool because our teacher lets us choose our own lab partners and we only have 11 people in the class. I also experience the joys of tutoring beginning chemistry students who are doing nomenclature and mass relationships right now. :x

I tried to take AP calculus a few years ago, but it didn't work out. Long story short (because everyone asks): I was independent study in math (and English, which is irrelevant) for all of elementary and middle school, so I was able to take calculus my sophomore year in high school. AP didn't quite work out because there were some problems with the class and I couldn't get my graphing calculator to do anything. I also didn't understand a lot of the calculus at the time. Whether this was the particular teacher or whether it was my learning style, it's hard to say.

Also, even if I did take the AP class and the AP test (and gotten a 5 on it :roll: ), they probably would have made me take the class again in college, due to the fact that it had been a good couple of years. So I didn't think it was well worth my trouble. ;)

Grievous
Toucan
Toucan

05 Oct 2005, 10:10 pm

I am taking

Psychopathology (favorite class)
Personality Theories
Finite Mathematics (least favorite class)

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2005, 12:36 pm

Hoorah for psychology related classes! If you get any interesting information, please share with us. :)

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 9:20 pm

Right now:

1st./2nd. - Government
3rd. - Choir
4th. - Earth/Space Science
5th. - Advanced Choir
6th. - Musical Theatre

Next Semester:

1st. - Choir
2nd./3rd. - English 4
4th. - Algebra 2
5th. - Advanced choir
6th. - Musical Theatre

Online:
Geometry
LMS (Health)
Earth/Space Science (just fialed first half IRL, teacher really sucks)

crimethinkful
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Oct 2005, 11:34 pm

This past summer I took:

Women's and Gender Studies 325 - Women and Current Legal Issues
Religious Studies 213 - Studies of Christian Teachings
Women's and Gender Studies 205 - Gender, Work and Society
Sociology 214 - Social Deviance and Social Control

This term:

Women's and Gender Studies 311 - Contemporary Feminist Thought (seminar)
Sociology 224 - Mass Media in Canada
English 112 - Reading Drama
German 114 - Elementary German I
Classics 225 - Women in Antiquity

Next term:

German 117 - Elementary German II
History 392 - History of Sexuality in North America (seminar)
Philosophy 218 - Existentialism
Sociology 342 - Sociological Theories of Gender Relations
Women's and Gender Studies 202 - Gender and Environment
Women's and Gender Studies 312 - Feminist Research Methodologies

Yes. I hate myself and I want to kill myself with school.
---
Chelle

Grievous
Toucan
Toucan

18 Oct 2005, 10:17 am

Also I could have taken AP classes at my high school but was never told that I could! I guess it just annoys me with the wasted opportunity.

CleverCait
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Oct 2005, 4:14 pm

I was in my high school's IB program, but I elected to graduate a year early instead. I managed to take Honors English, though.

This term I'm taking:
Span 301 - Third Year Spanish: Speaking/Listening Comprehension
CHLA 303 - The Chicana/Latina Experience
PS 200 - Intro to Politics (didn't bother taking it until now)
PS 321 - The Supreme Court in American Politics

Next term I'm hopefully going to take:
Span 302 - Third Year Spanish: Writing and Grammar
UNST 240 - SINQ: Latin American Studies
PS 422 - Constitutional Law
and either PS 380 - Women and Politics; or PS 431 - State and Local Politics.

I am a junior in college.