Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

childofalessergod
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2005, 1:22 am

For the past year, I went to a community college here in Tacoma. Or tried to, at least. Now, I'm completely sick of the school. For a year of going there, I only got 11 damned transferrable credits, 10 of which are in French. I made 3 unsuccessful attempts at English 101, getting medically withdrawn the first time, getting a D the second time, and getting the class cancelled without my knowledge the third, a fact I am not particularly happy with. To top it off, I no longer trust anybody at community college, after people I attempted to use to help my with personal life proved anything less than helpful.

Not expecting to be this fed up with the school, I signed up to take English, Psychology, and Sociology this coming fall. Apparently, I decided that my sanity was going to be sacrificed for the purpose of education. I no longer want to do this now, and I kind of want to change schools simply because I have not an iota's worth of interest in being on the campus.

My parents are currently paying for my schooling (and not caring about a damned thing else that I do...being the nice SOB's they are), and I would need to let them know about any changes I would make. I would just as soon kill myself before doing that because it is my life, and my parents do not have the right to find out what's going on with it since I'm a friggin' adult here...

Even if I changed, I am really not comfortable with going to a new school, or any school for that matter. I am just about ready to say, "You know what, f**k school..." because it'll just make me insane (and I don't have health insurance to do anything it...my parents want me to pass myself off as being incapable of self-sufficiency so I can stay on their insurance for another year...that's a main reason I'd kill myself before telling them anything about useful about my life). At least by doing nothing, I could be depressed and not have to worry about being set off in front of anybody...

What am I supposed to do now? I really do not enjoy any of the choices that I'm presenting myself. I should go to school but I do not want to co-exist with anyone in the real world. I don't want to take an online telecourse because I have angering experiences with them.

*sigh* I swear to god, school is an absolute joke...

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2005, 2:13 am

You can go to school and not interact with anyone, except in a few group projects. I got my AA degree at a community college without making any friends at all!! !

I don't want to sound harsh but . . . If you parents are paying for your education then they have a right to know about it. They are stakeholders. Or, if you're such a "friggin' adult" then perhaps you should fund your own education.

childofalessergod
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2005, 6:24 am

If I could ever get a job, I would definitely pay for my own education. That's not bloody likely to happen anytime soon, I think...