I feel like most of my high school life is ruined....

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 3:56 pm

....and here's the reasons why:

When I started high school 2 years ago (back in 2006, my glory years) everything was going good, I had good grades, make the honor roll, never cared about making friends that much, but when I started focusing on how to be social and some other problems like that, everything started crashing down.

And when I started my new school last year, it was pretty much the same things over again (in just one semster).

Right now, I don't have problems in school (except trying to catch up with the work in my computer class), but I feel like most of the time I've been in high school, I had a lot of problems.

I can't wait until spring break, summer break, the next school year, or until I graduate high school so I probably won't handle all that stress again.

Bozewani
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Mar 2008, 4:33 pm

Sounds, similiar to my experiences, word for word.

I remember when I was going in my freshman and sophomore years, I had a wonderful time, during lunch I would retreat into a corner and read books about different places, such as South Africa and Montana.

Anyway, during my junior year, I become very emotional because of my very strong beliefs about humanity (which I still possess), and of course combined with autism, well, it was a recipe for not just disastor, but a cataclysm.

I did get support for a friend who actually cares about people, but she is so far away all of the time, and anyway, what I got from the public school system was and is bubkus, and I still accuse them of mental apartheid.

If you want you can Pm me and we can talk about beating the man(including secrets I won through bloody battles).

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 6:27 pm

I have the same problem. I HATE hi school. :!: I am a Junior now and suppossedly each year is suppossed to get easier. 8O (Not in my case.) I absolutely cannot wait to graduate :!: As a reshman I had a few friends but because of my social issues people like to either make me a jerk or just tease me to see me react. My sophmore year was the best :!: Every year I do well with my classes so that is never an issue. But last year I actually had two or three friends in school that I could depend on! I cannot trust the NT's in my school b/c they just don't accept those who are different. But I knew three people last year that didn't annoy me accepted my Autism (My diagnosis is unclear b/c they changed the diagnosises but I am on the spectrum. I have either Asperger's or PDDNOS/not sure which) and that my parents are gay/lesbians (I have two moms). One of my friends had a mental illness last year and had major meltdowns but it was still my favorite year of HS! (thats pretty bad :!: ) But two of my friends could react well to this and were actually helpful. (I tried to help but I didn't know what was wrong at the time.) I then had a panic attack awhile later (unrelated) and they still accepted me! I had a few other friends who either ignore me still, or did temporarily. Ever since then I realized it is very rare to find someone who is accepting/trustworthy. This year I only have two friends really. One has Asperger's and the other has a mental problem(not naming it). But like two or three people who abandoned me last year started talking to me again this year. Can I trust them :?: I don't think so. And worse two of the three are NOT NT's :!: So all this stress from "school drama" (actual emergencies and NT crap) make me want to graduate last year!

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 7:22 pm

I can't even begin to tell you how much I hated school. I liked most of the teachers and I loved learning, but the rest was hell. I got through it by reminding myself every day that it would be over in a few years and then I was going to college. College is much better.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 7:42 pm

I think social anxiety that started in grade 7 ruined my high school years. :)

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 10:38 pm

lelia wrote:
I can't even begin to tell you how much I hated school. I liked most of the teachers and I loved learning, but the rest was hell. I got through it by reminding myself every day that it would be over in a few years and then I was going to college. College is much better.