Would like some encouragement for the weeks ahead.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 5:21 pm

Hi,

I have probably mentioned already that I have got my GCSE exams in a bit more than 5 weeks now, and I have been doing a lot of revision. I'm studying 14 GCSEs:

Maths, Statistics, Science (Double Award), English Language, English Literature, Religious Studies, DiDA (2 GCSEs - no exam!), Geography, History, French, Engineering (Double Award).

The exam I am most worried about at the moment is History, because we have not had a lot of exam practice over the year and I don't think I know the facts well enough. The second is English Literature.

I have been working extremely hard over the past two years for my GCSEs and it all balances on these final exams. So I would appreciate some encouragement, support and advice from some of you, as it is getting really tense in the forthcoming period.

Wish me luck! :) I'll give you the results when I eventually get them on the 1st of September!

Purplefluffychainsaw
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2008, 2:11 am

What's DiDA? Sounds like defence against the dark arts. XD

Good luck. ^_____^ And well done for revising. I never revised for any of my exams... probably explains why my brother thrashed me on results day last year. >>

You've picked a pretty rough selection of exams, but keep it up. Are you planning to do Alevels?

The thing that works best for me when I'm learning stuff is to copy all my notes up. Copy them onto computer, then onto paper, and then onto paper again. Consider it for dates and such for history (yeah... I didn't do history. It was too much like hard work).

And make sure you take breaks. I think you're meant to take 15 minutes for every hour of revision you do. Otherwise you'll just get worn out.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 5:51 am

Purplefluffychainsaw wrote:
What's DiDA? Sounds like defence against the dark arts.

DiDA stands for Diploma in Digital Applications, so it's a lot like ICT.

Quote:
You've picked a pretty rough selection of exams, but keep it up. Are you planning to do Alevels?

I haven't chosen all of them. Those who are in the top sets at my school have to do more GCSEs. 9 of my GCSEs are compulsory, such as Statistics, English Literature and Religious Studies: GCSEs that other schools don't make compulsory.

The ones I got to pick were Geography, History, French and Engineering. History was more of an opportunity to cram in another GCSE because I am doing a Geography/History Fast-Track, which is 2 GCSEs in 1.

Purplefluffychainsaw
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2008, 7:10 am

We only had to do a half course in RE, but I got kicked out two weeks before we finished school for study leave because the teacher and I didn't get along (at all. :3 Some of the best moments of my school career were annoying her). I should have taken the option to do an ethics AS early, but I was too dumb and young when I made my choices. >>

I thought English Lit was always compulsory... It was in my school anyway. ^^; My best subject too - my only A*.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 10:49 am

I am going to go on study leave on May 23rd, so that's the last day that I'll have to see those that I absolutely despise! :D

I may write some thank you notes to the teachers who have helped me most.

Purplefluffychainsaw
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2008, 11:33 am

I'm sure the teachers would appreciate that. I did it too (even to the ones I hated, but had still helped me).