Early GCSE Question (need help from UK people)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

human_calculator
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Apr 2008, 4:25 pm

I'm in Year 10 at the moment and I want to take my maths GCSE this year instead of waiting until next year.(I'm already doing Italian this year because the the teacher decided to fast-track us, and one of my double sciences this year)How do i go about this?Is it as simple as just asking my maths teacher, or do I have to contact someone else?

Daewoodrow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Apr 2008, 4:39 pm

I got moved up a year and did my GCSE's a year early in secondary school, it was done so based on the reccommendations of my teachers. They simply approached me and asked if i'd be ok with it. So it is possible. I'm not sure how to ask them to do it for you, but since my teachers did it for me i'd say talking to them about it is your best shot.

human_calculator

09 Apr 2008, 4:49 pm

Thank you Daewoodrow! I'll update this after I ask my maths teacher, which is after the easter holidays end.

jelibean
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 2:33 pm

Hiya! I think asking your teacher is a very sensible thing to do. Start at the beginning eh! You sound very smart and together! My son is Year 9 and is nowhere near as astute as you.

Make sure you have all your questions and comments ready in your head. Write stuff down if you need to ! GOOD LUCK!! We will no doubt see you as Chancellor of the Exchequer in a few years time!

All the very best! :wink: