PhD studentships, maybe a chance of a lifetime

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

DrForeman
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Nov 2013, 7:51 am

Dear All,

I would like to bring it to your attention that at Chalmers in the Department of Industrial Materials Recycling there are two PhD posts which we are looking for students for. We are looking for bright students who are well motivated and willing to learn and do new things. We are looking for people to work on organic chemistry and solvent extraction.

The appplicants will be expected to do three years worth of research, one year worth of teaching and other departmental duties and spend one year doing courses. The courses are designed to imporve the student's minds, teach them useful things and give them the skills needed for their PhDs.

Note that the rules of the grant awarding body require that the PhD studentships be awarded to people who are not living currently in Sweden. So if you want to move to Sweden then this could be a good post for you to apply for.

I would also like to point out that the pay and conditions of a PhD student are better in Sweden at Chalmers than they are typically in the UK or the USA.

https://web103.reachmee.com/ext/I003/30 ... ob_id=1592
https://web103.reachmee.com/ext/I003/30 ... ob_id=1582

The job application has to be via the on line system at Chalmers, so please do not send the application to me or one of the others by email. But if you want to make informal enquires then feel free to mail me at my Chalmers e-mail address.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

01 Nov 2013, 10:06 am

Please note: permission was granted to post these offers.

mouthyb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2013, 3:21 pm

If this was my field, I'd be on this offer in a heartbeat. I have a friend who took a PhD program offer in Sweden for math. He was ecstatic over the better conditions and standard of living offered by the institution that recruited him, for his family.

The feels are shipped in by train once a week--Friday, I'm in love.