Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

PianoMan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jul 2008, 12:55 am

I'm going to a new university in the fall. I was wondering if anyone has requested accomodations from their school's disability office for AS. If so, what were they?

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 1:29 am

I have heard of people requesting it before. I know there are people who will go to class with you and take notes.

Also provide tutoring.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 5:40 am

I have a notetaker, longer time on tests, take breaks if needed and extension on papers if need and allow by the professor.

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 7:54 am

i got accommodations for my adhd last year but i didn't have my AS diagnosis then. i'm not sure if i'll get more accommodations this year, i'm not sure that i need them, but the diagnosis could help me get services, rather than academic accommodations. Right now i've got extra time on tests, a quiet room with fewer people, and a note taker. I plan on using these for the next two years to get my learning strategies down pat, and then i'll stop using them so that i can get into the military (they require you to go 18 months accommodation free in work and/or school).