Aspies - Ever get suspended/expeled?

Page 3 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 2:37 pm

rennabella wrote:
Your Resource teacher sounds ridiculous. (Is Resource a subject, I have not heard of it before!)

If your referring to my original post, then yes, she is a horrible woman. Resource is basically a class period where you can do homework, get academic help, organize your stuff, etc.

rennabella
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jan 2009, 3:03 pm

gramirez wrote:
rennabella wrote:
Your Resource teacher sounds ridiculous. (Is Resource a subject, I have not heard of it before!)

If your referring to my original post, then yes, she is a horrible woman. Resource is basically a class period where you can do homework, get academic help, organize your stuff, etc.

Oh! That sounds good, we just have free periods to sort ourselves out. Which I expect are much nicer.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 3:14 pm

rennabella wrote:
gramirez wrote:
rennabella wrote:

Oh! That sounds good, we just have free periods to sort ourselves out. Which I expect are much nicer.

EMA is even nicer than the free periods :D

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 4:17 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
Once I got threatened with isolation because I called someone a b***h. Well, she WAS a b***h, through no fault of my own. She was making my life hell, so instead of slapping her smug face, I just told her what I thought of her. Duh.

I called a girl that once and the principal heard me, so he threatened to wash my mouth out with soap if I did it again. She picked on me all the time and nobody seemed to care, yet I get jumped on for fighting back.

I also once got sent to the office for throwing a book at this girl. They made me copy from the dictionary starting at the word blonde, since one the insults I hurled at her in retaliation for picking on me was "dumb blonde."

I wouldn't have minded isolation when I was in school. What I wanted to do was just study at home and send my homework in from time to time, but either it wasn't available or my parents wouldn't allow it. Thank goodness today there are online high schools, that would have been a godsend for me.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 5:04 pm

Has anyone ever really WANTED to act out because of something someone did, but didn't, to avoid the embarrassment and everyone looking at you? This happens to me all the time.

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jan 2009, 4:39 pm

Well, I got one detention once for taking a picture with my phone of my friend with her permission, which sucked. My Mum actually went to the head master and complained about how the special needs department should have been notified and such. The head master said it would not be used against me(the detention).
I've also assaulted 2 people, for well justified reasons, in my opinion.
The first time was when this person(people call her, 'Big Lucy') who wouldn't let me forget about my ex-boyfriend, and she'd walk up to me in the library and say things like, 'Are you still grieving Emma, are you still GRIEVING over your ex!?', and I was already extremely depressed at the time about all the stuff that had happened, and had his new girlfriend picking on me too, so I basically got sick of her one lunch time when she said it, and basically shoved her head a few times against the table and stormed off. She didn't actually tell any teachers, and just came into my next class with a few friends claiming she was trying to HELP me. That's what people do A LOT when things like that happen >.>.
The second time was in the changing rooms, and it was a genuine miss understanding, and I thought someone was in a fight and yeah xD. I then ended up getting payed back I guess for what I did to the other person and my head was shoved against the wall :P.
The second time the teachers did get involved, but they took my side, and despite massive exaggeration on her side, I didn't get in trouble at all. Also, I managed to talk to the other person before one of the Senior Heads came to me, and I asked her what she was going to say, and yeah. The person who I actually pushed has also left me alone(she use to wind me up and call me names).
So to conclude, from my experience, violence does solve problems.
Also, I know this is a bot punishments at school, but it seems people focussed more on the actual fighting, so yeah...
EMZ=]

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2009, 10:49 pm

As a kid I never felt that suspension was a true punishment even though I knew that it was perceived that way by those around me. I wouldn't care if I got caught because I simply saw it as another day off.

CrimsonEdge
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 4:27 am

I got a one-day in school suspension in fifth grade for tackling someone who I thought was threatening my friend. I had to spend the whole day in the office doing practically nothing. I also get detentions occasionally due to roadwork, traffic or icy roads which make me late.

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 1:19 pm

I once got suspended in Kindergarten for biting somebody. :oops: I don't even remember why!

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 2:54 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
Once I got threatened with isolation because I called someone a b***h. Well, she WAS a b***h, through no fault of my own. She was making my life hell, so instead of slapping her smug face, I just told her what I thought of her. Duh.

Gina

You have way more guts than I ever had in my entire life and I commend you on that. In addition I commend you for not slapping your her sumg face. I am very proud of you on that. This tells you me you showed a lot of restraint. This is one of the main hallmarks of maturity.

On the other hand, I would rather you call her a b***h and tell her what you think of her than to hold this type of thing in for years and years like I did and now I'm on an antidepressants. The reason I ended submitting to being picked on was because I wanted the my school's BS rules to the exact letter. I realized though there are principles that are higher than their rules like the right to life. This means Gina you have the right to defend yourself.
Most of the school's rules though I do agree with like you need to turn your homework in on time, no talking during tests, raise your hand, etc. If you did slap her I would be on your school's side.

Right now though, I am on your side on this because I know how NT kids can be. They're very, very cruel and pack like.

Sorry about my soap box.

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2009, 6:50 am

Someone I knew who was diagnosed with AS was expelled after several violent acts and self harming during school. Although I'm not so certain he had AS :?

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2009, 1:25 pm

^ I don't think the self harming would be the cause of getting expelled...at least not in the three schools I've been to.
One of my classmates in grade 8 was expelled because he took some inappropriate pictures of a younger student.

arkityp
Raven
Raven

31 Jan 2009, 9:14 pm

ebec11 wrote:
^ I don't think the self harming would be the cause of getting expelled...at least not in the three schools I've been to.

i was.

Alicat1989
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2009, 9:19 pm

I got suspended lots of times from school mostly because i was caught reacting to the bullies.

Also one time getting drunk in school time. oops my bad.

But I used to attack teachers and fellow pupils I threw a weight at my gym teacher after he made a comment about my weight. wud i go back and do it all agen? Hell yeah I wud.

arkityp
Raven
Raven

31 Jan 2009, 10:07 pm

Alicat1989 wrote:
But I used to attack teachers and fellow pupils I threw a weight at my gym teacher after he made a comment about my weight. wud i go back and do it all agen? Hell yeah I wud.

haha that reminds me of the first day of grade 1 when i got suspended for calling my classmate a b***h and telling my teacher to f**k off.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2009, 3:33 am

I was expelled from a special ed school for picking up 4 out of school suspensions in 1 year while flirting with setting the school's all time detention record while I was in the 6th grade. They sent me to another school that I didn't like, I got myself expelled intentionally within a few days. My parents made me home school for a few years after that.

That first school was a horrible fit. Asperger's was still very unknown at that point, and that school was designed for dyslexics and ADD people only. I don't remember all of what I did except for a few incidents but most of the teachers there hated me. After that school and some of the bullying from students and teachers I put up with there I never wanted to go to school again. I didn't until high school.