What are some weird things about your school?

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2009, 10:53 pm

Fidget wrote:
DNForrest wrote:
Fred Phelps

Every time I hear that name my blood boils. What a disgusting waste of skin.

Agreed. There's a reason I either had to leave my pocket knife at home or give it to my friend if we had to walk by him on the days he'd protest.

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 6:31 pm

Fidget wrote:
High School

- My high school was one of the biggest public high schools in the United States. (I think in the top 5)

- We had more security guards than any other school in the area.

- We used to be allowed to bring Ipods and other electronics to school, but so many fights broke out because of stolen electronics, the privilege got taken away.

College

- My college is the first ever community college to be built in the United States. It's been around since 1901. (now you can easily look up where I go :P

- My college is most famous for its nursing program.

I'm guessing your parents probably must've sent you to those places (if they did, it's nice that they want you to have the best education :)).

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Feb 2009, 6:58 pm

roygerdodger wrote:
Fidget wrote:
High School

- My high school was one of the biggest public high schools in the United States. (I think in the top 5)

- We had more security guards than any other school in the area.

- We used to be allowed to bring Ipods and other electronics to school, but so many fights broke out because of stolen electronics, the privilege got taken away.

College

- My college is the first ever community college to be built in the United States. It's been around since 1901. (now you can easily look up where I go :P

- My college is most famous for its nursing program.

I'm guessing your parents probably must've sent you to those places (if they did, it's nice that they want you to have the best education :)).

Actually, it's just because of the area I live in. And the places really aren't that nice, my high school was just big and my college is just old. ^_^;;

Hawthorne
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2009, 3:23 pm

Fidget wrote:
DNForrest wrote:
Fred Phelps

Every time I hear that name my blood boils. What a disgusting waste of skin.

Yeah! I hate fred phelps...

LolaGranola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2009, 4:05 pm

No lunch room. Or gym.

soljaboi51
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2009, 5:07 pm

My school has no lockers

jbutz00
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Feb 2009, 8:34 pm

I don't to talk about my high school so here are some fun facts about my college, Purdue North Central.

We have boys and girls basketball teams, but no gym.

It's a commuter college, but you can never find a spot to park.

And the odds in my classes are very good. About 2-4 guys out of 25 or so.

PS. I'm a dude

soljaboi51
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2009, 12:34 am

It costs $100 a year to park at my school.

ThisUserNameIsTaken
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Feb 2009, 1:17 am

My high school:

- Was built over a cemetery (no, seriously, there was a ****ing graveyard on the school grounds right next to the football field). Needless to say there were quite a few ghost stories about the school despite the fact that it was only 10 years old when I graduated
- Our football team was so bad that the coach actually came on the intercom one day asking the students and faculty to pray that a certain HS football team would lose in the playoffs later that night so that our team would have a better chance at winning their next match
- The first principal, Dr. Outlaw, was replaced by Dr. Redikopp (pronounced "ready cop")
- Said second principal also became well known among the student body for her incessant use of the motto "dignity, honor, and respect" so much so that we referred to all her daily intercom speeches as "DHRs"

My college (Emory):

- A more apt name may be "Coca-Cola University" since the school gets a very large chunk of its annual $5 billion endowment from said corporation. As a result there's no shortage of Coke paraphernalia in the school and practically half the campus is named after either Coca-Cola or Robert Woodruff, one of the past CEOs of Coke. And perhaps related to this is the fact that you will never see a Pepsi can, bottle, or logo on campus. Ever.
- Emory boasts a network of six hospitals, two of which are on campus (three if you count the clinic). The official school mascot is Swoop the eagle. This is the mascot that hospital patients and their families see. Unbeknown to them, however, the school has a second (far more popular) mascot created by the students since the official one was so lame. That mascot being Dooley the skeleton. Yes, that's right, the university's real mascot is a skeleton. Keep in mind that we have a statue of said skeleton mascot about a block away from the general hospital and two blocks away from the children's hospital. Irony is beautiful isn't it?
- There are several dorms on campus. Some of them are nice. Many of them are old and suck. One was even supposed to be demolished several years ago but the university still hasn't gotten around to it yet and just keeps stuffing hapless undergrads in there in the meantime. Emory, however, loves to blow massive amounts of money on building improvements and new buildings. So, do they decide to build new dorms? Hell no. They instead decide to spend their money in ways like spending millions of dollars on a greenhouse and $15,000 on a Dooley statue. That's right, the plants on campus have nicer living conditions than some of the students.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 10:28 pm

I was supposed to go to Dawson College the year it was shot up, but I chose not to. I'm glad because I might be dead if I had chosen to go.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 9:53 pm

my school got a new fire alarm system, and it has a voice message on it. It says something like "a fire has been reported, please evacuate using the nearest exit, and do not use the elevator", when there is no elevator in the school, its a one floor school!

DustinWX
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Feb 2009, 11:02 pm

Our colors are john deer.

We are a small ag college in south ga, but have the nicest dorms for a 2 year college in the nation.

We go by ABAC....

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2009, 2:50 am

water got you high

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2009, 8:43 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
TheUnnamedOne wrote:
Students also weren't allowed to dance, as (the faculty thinks) dancing leads to "other things" (sex). Especially in middle school.. dance = sex...yeeep :roll:

Isn't that the plot of Footloose?! :lol:

Well, back in Year 7 people in my class were very law-abiding, but then in Year 8 we got a new kid called Elliot who does drugs, gets people pregnant randomly and has a criminal record for breaking into someone's house and trying to nick their XBox. Now the others think they're rebels because they know someone who is. Pathetic.
Sounds like my grade 8 class, only the bad kids just got worse because of the rebel. I was quite scared of this kid to be honest, he just looked so mad and cold at the same time - like he had been through a lot. Then he got expelled for taking inappropriate pictures of kids.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2009, 9:08 pm

d057 wrote:
my school got a new fire alarm system, and it has a voice message on it. It says something like "a fire has been reported, please evacuate using the nearest exit, and do not use the elevator", when there is no elevator in the school, its a one floor school!

At the beginning of the school year, i offered a freshman an elevator pass just for a joke! lol

person3
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Feb 2009, 11:49 pm

Would "Me" be an acceptable answer?