No 11%  11%  [ 49 ]
No 12%  12%  [ 52 ]
Total votes : 450

WAautisticguy
Toucan
Toucan

04 Nov 2014, 9:35 pm

LMH
WOW. Those really are horrible teacher stories. Thankfully never suffered through bullying by teachers that bad.
Did you have anyone to talk to - a counselor or a professional to try and get you out of those classes or teachers? I would have tried everything in my power after the first week!
No names on the following teachers for privacy reasons.

My only bad PE teacher was 9th grade - I was living in Bellevue, WA. My PE teacher was a mean jock guy who didn't really seem to like me that much at all. He wanted everyone to run a 5K by the end of the year - thankfully I moved out of that city before that happened. I was harassed by two football jock guys (both African-American by the way) and he just told me to "ignore them." Needless to say I went all the way up to the assistant principal and very little was solved. They just kept using nasty language at me, harassed me when I didn't do the warm-ups right, and one time were a factor in me being knocked down on the astro turf during a PE soccer game. (That burned my knee bad!)
There was another soccer game where because a few people were not doing it right, he forced everyone to go run on the track. I did nothing wrong, I refused to do it. He took several points off my participation score for that day. If I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't need to do it. Everyone just kept saying "it's a class-wide thing..." I HATE WHOLE CLASS DISCIPLINE! There's a lot of bad reviews about said teacher - not really a lot of brand new ones but ones from previous years...probably still hasn't changed.

I also had the teacher from hell in 6th grade as well - when I went to a school in Woodinville WA. (Elementary K-6)
I was going through a tough family situation at the time and going to school was also another salt rub in the wound. This teacher was in his early 60s, very mean, crabby, harsh, rude. He would yell and clap his hands really loudly when someone was not listening. He would take it out on us and threatened no recess for us probably 100 times, including a time where he threatened no recess for the final few weeks of the year!
Almost every time due to my sensitivity to these types of people, I got upset, ran out of the room and was in tears. I never really got on him but I should have stood up and kicked his butt for it...I was about ready to tell the principal about the harassment from this teacher. And he's still working there with 20+ years experience!
Sometimes the paraeducators were a little sick and tired of me running out of the room crying. They should have gotten the darn message that this teacher was horrible to us.
And you were forced to have him, no matter what class you were in. The schedule was 3 different teachers (including him). The kids in the Social Studies/Science homeroom would have him first, then the kids in the reading/writing homeroom, and then us around 1:30PM. That was one of my worst years.
It got so bad, I started having a couple nightmares about him...one of them involved throwing girls across the room like toys. Hope to god I never see any horror stories like that with teachers.

I've heard bad stories about our Marketing/Video Prod teacher...sure glad I got rid of the Multimedia elective at the last second for 2nd semester. Instead I might be a TA for one of my teachers from last year.

LMH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Nov 2014, 9:45 pm

WAautisticguy wrote:
LMH
WOW. Those really are horrible teacher stories. Thankfully never suffered through bullying by teachers that bad.
Did you have anyone to talk to - a counselor or a professional to try and get you out of those classes or teachers? I would have tried everything in my power after the first week!

I had nobody to talk to. I tried going to pastoral care twice. The first time they said it was my word against theirs. The second time they asked other students to give evidence. As everyone was scared of them both - as the PE teacher made you stay behind after school for an hour running around the track, and the Music teacher was known to sabotage compositions so you failed (they were on the computer and she had access to all the passwords) - nobody said a word.

I did skive off a lot in those years. Mum let me, as she saw how bad my health was getting due to stress from that place. Unfortunately...my attendance dropped so low that my assigned 'assistant' (who was a b***h) said that if I had another day off then she' have to report my mum and she'd get a £1,000 fine and 30 days in prison, "And it will be all your fault, dear."