Yes 41%  41%  [ 185 ]
No 11%  11%  [ 49 ]
No 12%  12%  [ 52 ]
Total votes : 452

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 1:51 pm

I posted 'no'....but then remember an 8th grade instructor being a general b***h. And yes, the other students noticed that too... :lol:

Not funny then thou

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 8:22 pm

I've never been outright bullied by a teacher - usually, any negative comments were at least somewhat justified due to negligence towards my work or disruptive behavior. I have, however, had teachers and other school staff display a lack of understanding towards my anxiety and sensory issues - and when it came to verbal bullying, they often either wouldn't believe me or wouldn't care. The worst was probably in 7th grade where my classmates would falsely accuse me of farting in class on a near-daily basis (after one or two incidents that year where I actually did pass gas), and the teacher actually believed them, going as far as to read "The Gas We Pass" to the whole class.

CucumberSalad
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Mar 2013, 3:21 pm

My Pre-School Teacher thought I was stupid, so she would give everyone except me candy, and when you're a pre-schooler, that's a big deal...

In fifth grade my teacher used to make fun of every word I say, and insult me every chance she got.

In sixth grade my bus driver used to threaten to kick me off the bus for making noise, dispite being one of the most quiet ones on the bus.

In eigth grade my teacher pushed me to the ground once, insulted me randomly, and had a general lack of respect for all of his students who were "Speds"

In ninth grade the coordinator of the program I was in would completely ignore me when I said I was being bullied, claiming that I'm a liar and need to settle problems myself, regardless of what these 'problems' were. I also had a teacher that year who used to always compare me to a dog.

Now I'm in tenth grade, and my teachers are great, they understand my problems. They make note of my strengths and help me with my weaknesses.

Zoneixo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2013, 12:32 pm

Being bullied by a teacher is one of the most horrible experinces for a young child or teen to withstand.
All I can remember from my past life is back when I was only 4yrs old, my teacher...she did some mean things to me...back then, I was at one of my most lowest points. Constantly being picked on by other students...nobody gave a damn about all the names they used to give me. I know I was only 4 but let me tell you, having a teacher saying that she'd rather get a knife and knife me to death...well yeah. :cry:

younginflavor18
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Mar 2013, 9:21 pm

Although I wasn't bullied by teachers during my former elementary and secondary school years, I was sure teased by peers and teachers combined and I didn't took the time whether they were laughing with me or at me. Looking back I could've done something about the teasing to stop it altogether.

chibi555
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2013, 7:51 am

I don't think I've ever really been bullied by a teacher. :?
Most of the teachers here just want to get through the lesson as fast as they can so they get away from their class. :|
But I have had a few teachers ask me if I was crazy/ insane. Does that count?

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2013, 4:17 pm

Found that teachers either really like me or really hate me. I'll list some examples of the hatred.

At lunchtime, I had a way of eating each pea one by one to make it bearable. But this was just bugging one of the teachers, so she took my fork, shoved as much peas as possible on it, and told me to eat it. Well, shoved it in my throat. So I was chewing on it, but the texture of these peas was just unbareable, so I threw green sick everywhere (sorry for that information)

I am vegetarian. I told a teacher that (I was, what, 6?), but she took my fork and shoved a chicken nugget down my throat, claiming she "didn't care".

There was also a teacher who was just sick of me barely speaking, and if I did, very quietly and as little as possible. She refused to listen even if I did speak. claiming "you're gonna have to learn to speak one day" as I pointed to things I wanted. And yet she loved everyone else. Just me.

One of my PE teachers also dislikes me. She gets mad when I refuse to look her in the eye and don't respond, which is mostly due to me being zoned out at the time, or not knowing how to respond to being called "rude" constantly for no reason.

There are also just teachers that probably don't like me but don't really act at all about it, maybe occasionally showing dislike. I'm fine with that. Just constant hatred of me is mean. I wouldn't know if it's bullying as such, but I never found the cases I listed above pleasant. I had enough on my hands with kids my age.

Tharja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Apr 2013, 9:30 pm

In 5th grade, I had two classes - one for each half of the school day. One of the teachers (who taught English and history) was very sweet, but the math/science teacher was just plain mean.

I had been put on a new medication that year, and it often caused me to fall asleep in her class, no matter how hard I tried to stay awake. Despite the fact that she knew this, and despite the fact that her class was about three hours long, she made me stand up for the rest of the class period.

I told my mother what was happening, and she went to the principal to complain. The teacher quit making me stand up, but she found other ways to make me suffer.

She would yell at me for things I couldn't help, and then stand there with a smug grin on her face as I cried, not doing anything while her other students laughed at me.

It was a hellish year. Even though I'm 22 now, I will never forget what happened, although I have long since forgiven the teacher for her rudeness.

Plancos
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2013, 2:01 pm

Teachers don't like me.
Maybe they think that Im arogant because i never ask for help, never say "hello" and so..
Btw, how do you react, when they start a long lasting speech, not about their subject but about something not important to you at all, like about their personal life, kids, food they like and so?
For me, it's a real agony, which sometimes leads me to an autoagressive stance, but i dont have to right to ask them to shut up, so i feel torture every lesson :/

KillerNapalm64
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Apr 2013, 11:29 pm

MY 5th grade teacher was a b***h to everyone, especially the guys. However, she did single me out. I got a really nice watch one day and then she made me take it off for no good reason...it proceeded to get stolen. It didn't help that the other kids made fun of me at lunch all the time.

And then there's my 12th grade AP human geography teacher who would single me and another student out because we were both introverted and didn't like to participate in class even though we did all our work and did well. This guy just made it obvious he preferred extroverted students.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 5:44 am

One of my middle school teachers was so bad that I had to attend a different school for 1.5 years.

loyalmoonie
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Oct 2014, 5:47 pm

I've been subjected to bullying by teachers all my life, and it has pushed me to the point where I just want to do something about it, but I just can't...

When I was in kindergarten, my teacher was fed up with me crying every day, which was a result of my fear of fire drills/alarms. It was bad enough that she literally told my parents that I needed to "man up" in front of the principal. My parents were outraged at her behavior, though I did not learn this until shortly before I graduated from high school.

But that was only the beginning... When I was in 5th grade my teachers were downright bullies. They punished me for things that I didn't do, threaten to put me in detention if I didn't do something their way, and more. They even put me in lunch d-hall when I failed to bring an assignment, and they REFUSED to let me (or other kids) eat anything. This problem still bothers me to this day, and I just want to talk to my principals at that school about it, as they were the only ones who knew I was a good student.

MadHatterMatador
Raven
Raven

17 Oct 2014, 3:06 am

In sixth grade, one specific teacher always pulled my desk up to the front of the room, separate from everyone else, next to the recycling bin. I don't remember what I did, but he brushed my books off my desk and into the recycling bin, and then called me an idiot. Another teacher told me I was the most annoying young man she had ever met. A teacher in 12th grade called me a joke. Mostly I was very condescended towards and scolded, but those three examples would probably be the ones that would fall in line with what you wouldn't expect a teacher to do.

LMH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Nov 2014, 2:15 am

I've just left one of the worst secondary schools in England, and I'm so freaking glad. I had several teachers that hated me and picked on me at that pit.

My PE teacher was a total b*****d. I injured my ankle once and had a note to get out of PE for the day. He read it, ripped it in half, then yelled in myface for ten minutes on being 'weak', 'lying', and 'a worthless little b***h'. He then made me run around the track for the rest of the lesson, and told me to move faster every time I slowed down because of my ankle.
He was also VERY sexist. If it was a girl's time of the month, she got berated for being 'a lazy cow' and 'putting it on'. Karma bit him hard though, as he started berating this one girl who was clearly in a LOT of pain and was the kind of pale when you can tell something's not right. He planned to make her do star jumps for the rest of the lesson, but she got to 4 before she threw up all over him. To this day, still the best example of Karma I've ever witnessed.

My Music teacher was just as bad, but in a different way. I could spend all day listing the things she did to target me, but I'll focus on a few.
1. She addressed me as 'ret*d'.
2. I saw videos from other students of her talking sh** about me behind my back for not attending after-school revision. Music clashed with Maths revision, and I needed a B in maths (which I thankfully got) for my A Level Psychology, so I couldn't attend it and she knew it.
3. She singled out my classical composition piece in the middle of a lesson and played it for the whole class to hear, then went through it picking out all the faults.
4. We were allowed one lesson to get inspiration for our free composition, and I did as everyone else did - listened to songs on YouTube to get inspiration. Yet I was singled out for going on YouTube, when the whole class was, and she recommended we do just that.
5. Every time I made a mistake in class, she always replied with 'Are you feeling ok? Or has your stupid b***h-itus flared up again?'.
6. According to her there's a hierarchy of instruments. My two instruments, cello and vocals, are right at the bottom, so she picked on me for that even when we studied Vocal Music.
7. I got 15/16 on a mini-test. She made me stand up at the back of the class and accused me of cheating, screaming at me in my face to make me say who I copied from. I sat alone at the back of the class, so I couldn't have copied off anyone.
8. I had nobody to go with for my ensemble piece. According to her, I should take that as a hint that nobody likes me and wants me alive.
I did get my well-deserved revenge on the last day though. Everyone knew she cheated on her husband with a substitute teacher, who was half her age (he was in his early twenties, she was in her mid-40s) and also married. On the day of my last exam, she came up to me and said she had been hoping I failed, as "Only complete ret*ds fail." As I knew that I was never gonna see her again, I said to her face, "And only complete c**ts cheat on their husbands by f**king a married man old enough to be their son."
Got detention, but I never attended it, and never saw anyone from that school again as I never went to prom. Totally worth it!

Greenhat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Nov 2014, 7:38 am

Plancos wrote:
Teachers don't like me.
Maybe they think that Im arogant because i never ask for help, never say "hello" and so..
Btw, how do you react, when they start a long lasting speech, not about their subject but about something not important to you at all, like about their personal life, kids, food they like and so?
For me, it's a real agony, which sometimes leads me to an autoagressive stance, but i dont have to right to ask them to shut up, so i feel torture every lesson :/

Yeah. My Health teacher often spends 10-20 minutes moralizing and telling us all about his son.

WAautisticguy
Toucan
Toucan

04 Nov 2014, 9:35 pm

LMH
WOW. Those really are horrible teacher stories. Thankfully never suffered through bullying by teachers that bad.
Did you have anyone to talk to - a counselor or a professional to try and get you out of those classes or teachers? I would have tried everything in my power after the first week!
No names on the following teachers for privacy reasons.

My only bad PE teacher was 9th grade - I was living in Bellevue, WA. My PE teacher was a mean jock guy who didn't really seem to like me that much at all. He wanted everyone to run a 5K by the end of the year - thankfully I moved out of that city before that happened. I was harassed by two football jock guys (both African-American by the way) and he just told me to "ignore them." Needless to say I went all the way up to the assistant principal and very little was solved. They just kept using nasty language at me, harassed me when I didn't do the warm-ups right, and one time were a factor in me being knocked down on the astro turf during a PE soccer game. (That burned my knee bad!)
There was another soccer game where because a few people were not doing it right, he forced everyone to go run on the track. I did nothing wrong, I refused to do it. He took several points off my participation score for that day. If I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't need to do it. Everyone just kept saying "it's a class-wide thing..." I HATE WHOLE CLASS DISCIPLINE! There's a lot of bad reviews about said teacher - not really a lot of brand new ones but ones from previous years...probably still hasn't changed.

I also had the teacher from hell in 6th grade as well - when I went to a school in Woodinville WA. (Elementary K-6)
I was going through a tough family situation at the time and going to school was also another salt rub in the wound. This teacher was in his early 60s, very mean, crabby, harsh, rude. He would yell and clap his hands really loudly when someone was not listening. He would take it out on us and threatened no recess for us probably 100 times, including a time where he threatened no recess for the final few weeks of the year!
Almost every time due to my sensitivity to these types of people, I got upset, ran out of the room and was in tears. I never really got on him but I should have stood up and kicked his butt for it...I was about ready to tell the principal about the harassment from this teacher. And he's still working there with 20+ years experience!
Sometimes the paraeducators were a little sick and tired of me running out of the room crying. They should have gotten the darn message that this teacher was horrible to us.
And you were forced to have him, no matter what class you were in. The schedule was 3 different teachers (including him). The kids in the Social Studies/Science homeroom would have him first, then the kids in the reading/writing homeroom, and then us around 1:30PM. That was one of my worst years.
It got so bad, I started having a couple nightmares about him...one of them involved throwing girls across the room like toys. Hope to god I never see any horror stories like that with teachers.

I've heard bad stories about our Marketing/Video Prod teacher...sure glad I got rid of the Multimedia elective at the last second for 2nd semester. Instead I might be a TA for one of my teachers from last year.