What things do you like that cringe culture targets?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

SandyLife223
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2023, 10:58 am

I’m a furry. Yes rlly. I’m also a weeb, gamer and a cartoon fan. I also like Gacha Club and k pop and all those YouTube artists. I consider myself to be a goth, an Emo, a scene kid, a punk, an e girl, a softie, a grunge kid, a prep and a Vsco girl. I also make my own little drawings of certain stuff such as my OCs and animals and anime and cartoons.

I hate cringe culture, at least it’s dying I guess. But my younger brother calls me cringe for being a furry and liking Gacha club. Why?

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2023, 11:11 am

I don't really know because I don't care what "cringe culture" has to say about anything. (I'm pretty sure "Cringe culture is just a bunch of popular kids who peaked in High School)

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2023, 11:45 am

alright this might sound like a stretch but cringe culture seems to me like a kind of diet internet-fascism. Extreme conformity and the casting out of those who don't fit? Hmm. My point is that cringe culture is bad, and even though I think some things are personally cringe, I don't participate in cancelling people over what they like.

I don't think gaming and anime are considered cringe in the mainstream thought anymore, and cartoons are starting to lose that reputation with fantastic shows like She-Ra 2018 and The Owl House coming out.

I also think you might be labelling yourself out of existence. You can like certain things without slapping a name onto everything.

not sure what you mean by 'all those YouTube artists'

To answer the question though, one of my special interests is Transformers, which I guess at my age might be seen as cringe? I don't really care.

SandyLife223
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2023, 2:09 pm

Readydaer wrote:

Well they are like The Living Tombstone, CG5, OR30 and others like Vivziepop.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2023, 7:00 am

SandyLife223 wrote:
Readydaer wrote:

Well they are like The Living Tombstone, CG5, OR30 and others like Vivziepop.

oh I love TLT. zero_one is one of my favorite albums. and I hear vivziepop's shows are good.

SandyLife223
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 May 2023, 10:57 am

The reason why I’ve asked this question is because my brother keeps on making weird comments about furries and calls me cringe for playing Gacha Club. But one thing I heard him sing was “1, 2 buckle my show, 3 4 buckle some more, 5 6 Nike kicks.” Song that I am weirded out by.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2023, 11:24 am

SandyLife223 wrote:
The reason why I’ve asked this question is because my brother keeps on making weird comments about furries and calls me cringe for playing Gacha Club. But one thing I heard him sing was “1, 2 buckle my show, 3 4 buckle some more, 5 6 Nike kicks.” Song that I am weirded out by.

that was a popular meme about a week ago. modern memes are rather known for being nonsensical or childish

aside from that, I think you should just ignore him. Everyone has the right to enjoy things

Sillylilgoober
Raven
Raven

12 Oct 2023, 11:50 am

I'm not a furry but i hate thoses antfurry people who are like "i will kill furries because theyre cringe" like wtf dude most furries are pretty chill.

its_riri
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Feb 2024, 10:52 am

I like anime, cartoons, Gacha, and gaming!! I also like Godzilla :)

I'm kinda gothic kinda emo? something like that.