Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

redranger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2010, 3:38 pm

Hi! This is a topic where comic book lovers can post about their favourite super-heroes, tell whether they like Marvel or DC comics best, share fun facts about super-heroes with eachother, express how they feel about movies and/or video games based on comic book heroes, or say anything else that has to do with comic books and/or super-heroes. :spiderman: :batman:

velocistar237
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jul 2010, 11:05 am

I like the game but I didnt like the graphics. The story was very weak. I think it would be better if it was more like Ultimate Spider man with a simpler plot, and what was the deal with the symbiote invasion, and kingpins troops? If they're going to be in the game, they should at least be replaced by the new Goblin. :shrug:

redranger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jul 2010, 1:40 pm

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows is my favourite video game. I like the complex plot and I thought most of the graphics were cool. However, I admit that they should have had the symbiotes mouths move more realistically. I also thought that Green Goblin would have fit well in Vulture's place, since he is an inventor, he can fly, and he would make a good villain in the game. However, the New Goblin would not fit well in Vulture's place, since he is not an inventor and he is dead. Overall, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows is a really good game. :spiderman:

Last edited by redranger on 03 Jul 2010, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redranger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jul 2010, 4:41 pm

Then again, Green Goblin would probably not fit very well in Vulture's place either, since he would definately not take orders from Kingpin, and he, unlike Vulture, would never be Spider-Man's allie whether he's going down the black path or not. However, do you know who the Goblin, as Norman Osborn, could take the place of? Kingpin. And, he could have sent out Thunderbolt agents with armor similar to Kingpin's Tech's.

Hello-Nurse7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jul 2010, 7:07 pm

Hey! I'm an avid fan of comic books myself. I must say that although I like Marvel and DC, DC is definitely my favorite, and I absolutely adore Batman. Have any of you guys seen Batman and Superman: Public Enemies? I just saw it two nights ago, and I quite liked it, however no one else I know is into superheroes. So, if you've seen the movie, let's hear your thoughts! Any comics or heroes in particular you want to discuss? Hey, how a bout we list our top 10 favorite comic book characters!

1. Harley Quinn (Batman)
2. Poison Ivy (Batman)
3. Death (Sandman Comics)
4. Spiderman (Spiderman)
5. Joker (Batman)
6. Deadpool (X-Men)
7. Rorschach (Watchmen)
8. Wonder Woman (Wonder Woman)
9. Wolverine (X-Men)
10. Scarecrow (Batman)

redranger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2010, 9:02 pm

Hello, Hello-Nurse7. To answer your question, I LOVE Super Man / Batman: Public Enemies. It is my favourite DC movie. To answer your other question, My favourite comic book character is Spider-Man, but I'm not sure who my other 9 favourites are, because I havn't decided yet. There are just so many comic book characters to choose from and I love them all (except the villains, but I admit whoever made the super-villains were extremely imaginative),so it's so hard to choose.

Hello-Nurse7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2010, 6:51 am

I know what you mean about having a hard time choosing favorite comic book characters, it took me a while to get the 10 I have on that list because I was having so much trouble deciding! There are so many wonderful ones. You say that Spiderman is your favorite, so have you ever read Ultimate Spiderman? I read volume 1 and volume 2 (which would be the first 13 issues) and I really like it. I requested more from the librarian. Superman/Batman Public Enemies is probably my second favorite DC animated movie, the first for me is Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. If you're a fan of Batman the Animated Series (I'm a huge fan) or a bat-fan in general, I'd check it out. I must admit that I do really like some villain characters; I find them very interesting, but in the end, I always want the hero to win :]

redranger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2010, 11:54 am

I love batman! He is on my top ten favourite comic book characters list for sure. And Batman the animated series is my favourite Batman cartoon. I love the mysteries Batman solves and the adventures he embarks on. I also love how good the actors played their parts. When it comes to Batman, you cant't do better than Kevin Conroy (Batman) and Mark Hamill (Joker). :batman:

Hello-Nurse7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2010, 4:04 pm

Yeah, I love Batman the Animated Series as well. Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy are superb, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that they had lent their voices to the new Batman video game, Batman: Arkham Asylum. The game itself is fantastic, and the original voice actors from the cartoon were the icing on the cake. I just adore Mark Hamill's Joker; the voice, the laugh, he completely nailed it. They also got Arleen Sorkin, Harley Quinn's original voice actor. As a Harley fan, I was pleased with this. I don't think I'd like Harley half as much if she didn't have that bubbly voice X] And yes, his adventures were like mini-movies! Sometimes it was all about fighting, others he was more of a detective. I also liked that the villains weren't bad for the sake of being bad, they had good reasons (well, not good reasons per say, but logical ones) for doing what they did. Except Joker, he was just nuts.

velocistar237
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2010, 7:03 pm

I like batman the animated series but if you saw the original batman movie, the joker was killed when batman shoots a grapler hook at his foot and he falls off the clock tower. I also think that batman should have been more negative or dark like in the movie,you know more like this :evil: :batman:

Hello-Nurse7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2010, 8:22 pm

@velocistar237

Yes, I've seen the original Batman movie, and it's a movie I love very much. As far as Batman's "darkness" level goes, I do enjoy a darker, slightly pessimistic Batman. However, at the time the original Batman was made, the idea of a dark superhero was just starting to surface. People hadn't really delved into the dark recesses of Batman's history, and made him the serious and brooding Dark Knight we know today. Have you seen Christopher Nolan's Batman movies, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight? If you're looking for a dark, negative Batman, it doesn't get much better than those films.

velocistar237
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jul 2010, 6:15 pm

Yes I agree , have you seen hulk vs?I like part one were hulk fights wolverine.Oh and by the way I do like super man batman public enemies,I have both that and green lantern first flight on dvd.My uncle scott is like my super hero movie suplier.Were do you get your super hero movies? :shrug:

redranger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jul 2010, 8:33 pm

Ya know, the noir version of Spider-Man is similar to the Batman from "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight". His villains, his city's scenary, and even Spider-Man himself is all dark, gritty and mysterious in that dimension. In case you want to learn more about Spider-Man Noir, go to www.spidermandimensions.com and click on the Spider-Man with the leather black suit and goggles and you'll learn all most all there is to know about Spider-Man Noir.

Hello-Nurse7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jul 2010, 5:29 pm

Spiderman Noir looks pretty cool! So, will Spiderman Shattered Dimensions be a video game? Do you know what consoles it's for? I tried clicking 'pre-order', but my computer is being slow and it wouldn't load. I also didn't get to find out much other than Spiderman Noir is from the 1930's, because again, my computer's being slow.

I haven't seen all of Hulk vs., but I have seen the Wolverine fight, and it's definitely awesome. As for where I get my superhero movies, I saw Gotham Knight and Public Enemies on Teletoon (a Canadian cartoon channel, in case you didn't know) and we've rented some from the video store as well, or watched them on Youtube. Do you guys know any good superhero movies? I've been thinking of checking out Justice League: New Frontier, anyone seen that yet? Or what about Superman and Batman: World's Finest? I love that one! It originally came in 3 episodes on Superman the Animated Series, but I really like it. It's got my favorite villains and heroes together, and there's lots of action and some real funny parts too.

velocistar237
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jul 2010, 5:56 pm

Ive seen that movie,but I thought the alienslooked more like dinosaurs.Have you ever read alien or predator comics?And wich do you think is beter alien or predator?I think alien is the best.Which do you think is best? :shrug:

Hello-Nurse7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jul 2010, 9:24 am

I have never read either Alien or Predator. My brother has a film called Alien, and he says it's pretty good. Does that have anything to do with what you're talking about? Also, do you think you could tell me a bit about these comics? I might like to try them.