Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Becks
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Sep 2008, 3:59 am

Does anyone know how to talk to their parents when you are confused? Because if you do then please post here. Oh and has anyone on here ever got confused because i do please im not a very happy person. But if i knew how to deal with aspurgus i would be a lot happiyer thanks! :roll: :cry: :oops: :?: :!: :?:

Becks

20 Sep 2008, 3:59 am

im not a very good speller! :roll:

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2008, 5:48 am

hey - sorry to be the same person replying (again!). yeah im a sucky speller too. I read some of my old journal entries and I couldn't even spell words like "weird" when i was 17!

Yeah, I'm confused 24/7. Brain scrambled eggs is probably a good way to put it. I used to be unhappy most of the time, but then I tried to appreciate the simple things in life and I found that made me happy, and then after that bigger things came to make me happy.

I'm sorry but about the parents thing I have no idea. I try to explain it in as clear a language as possible but most of the time they still don't understand. The whole confusion thing is very distressing and very hard to explain. Sometimes just trying to let go of it and think about something else for a bit can help a lot. It can just get into intricate ongoing loops otherwise.

Becks

20 Sep 2008, 6:58 am

thanks have you got anyother great info? :lol:

Justthatgirl11
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Sep 2008, 8:47 am

I had a very hard time talking to my parents when I was a kid and writing things down did not make it better. :( But then, my parents did not know I have asperger's.

Can you write it down? Writing or typing things out now helps.

When my son is trying to talk to us I try to be patient and tell him, "It's ok. Give yourself some time. When you have the thought, then tell me."

FireWolf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Sep 2008, 3:30 pm

i'm lucky my mother has asperger's too (=lemon)

"hi , i'm lemon(=the mother) what are your difficulties? i find words to be confusing, maybe you can draw a picture to explain how you feel?"

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2008, 11:12 pm

Becks wrote:
thanks have you got anyother great info? :lol:

:D Um yeah, like the others said, I do find writing stuff down helps just for the sake of venting. But i don't mean like a journal entry or whatever. I just write random words, draw scribbles, anything that flows out of the confusion, I don't try to force it into something that makes sense, cause it doesn't make sense, I just release it the way it is.

Free form poetry is awesome too (if you don't know what that is, it's just poetry with no rules, just let everything flow out the way it comes).

Becks

25 Sep 2008, 1:04 am

thanks you are realy helping me understand my difficulty. Does anyone else have any ideas?

jawa11
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Sep 2008, 5:07 pm

i can't talk to my parents espesile not my dad i'm not a happy person ethier :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry:

Mosse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Sep 2008, 5:14 pm

I can talk to my parents... :lol: I just never tell them anything about me