20 May 2012, 3:55 am

redrobin62 wrote:
I'm here to connect with like minds.

you might like PP&R.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 10:27 am

I first started posted here because I wanted to feel like I belonged to a community and other forums were too negative and if I posted too much I'd get mocked and made fun of unless I was as objective as possible. Lowest possibility of that happening here, I assumed. Chance for more like minded people too.

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2012, 11:00 am

Because I have began to realise how different I am to other people, I really wanted to find other people who have had similar experiences as me and so I felt less alone in the world, was originally googling something and this came up- id heard the name before but never thought anything of it- so far found some of what I'd hoped for but most people seem to be more self-accepting than I am.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2012, 2:57 pm

I joined because I was (And still am) so addicted to this other forum site, and my Dad thought it was a good idea to join a forum for people with Asperger's because then I might relate to them more. And I do. I also like to talk to lots of people here. You're all so nice and would make such good friends.

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 8:31 am

I joined WP because I was having a hard time after living with some roommates that I didn't get along with. I realized after living with 14/17 roomies within the two years that I was out on my own that I had a hard time making my opinions known to people, I often ended up living with people who were (although not bad people) not compatible with me, and that I was a lot more emotionally, mentally, and socially below people my own age. I wanted to know why. I came here for answers. It seems everyone here has more questions about themselves than answers, also. That can be nice, too.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

08 Jun 2012, 4:49 pm

Originally to understand myself better, but now I spend a lot of time on here because I enjoy interacting with others on here. :)

That reminds me, it's been almost a year since I joined. :chin:

7Theresa
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Jun 2012, 6:36 pm

I've been interested in Asperger syndrome for a long time. But I only joined after my best friend was diagnosed with it. I doubted the diagnosis and wanted to talk about it, but I didn't want to speak to my friend herself because I was afraid of confusing her. Once in a while now I check WrongPlanet for interesting topics. (BTW, I'm still not sure about my friend's diagnosis, but the treatment seems to be helping her.)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 9:23 pm

I have always been interested in autism/AS since I was 14 and this place is the most active aspie forum there is. Plus it's addicting. I prefer personal stories over what professionals write about us who don't even have it.

I first came here because I decided to rejoin the autism community after being absent from it for a year and I decided to do forums this time than groups. But I do this forum now because it gives me something to do and I go to other places online and look around to see what's been posted.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 12:59 pm

Came here after I was baffled to why every women I asked out had a boyfriend or a fiancee. Now I'm learning more about my self. What confidence is, how perhaps stop wearing the mask. Understand how to be myself and not to let rejection get me down. Finding friends, trying to get into social groups. I sure don't feel alone any more. :) Some have helped me, even if they didn't realise they were helping me. It is comforting. So much to learn here.

AnimalLover101
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Sep 2012, 9:33 pm

Hi,
I am a new member I joined yesterday. I have a Nonverbal learning disability (NLD) which is on the autism spectrum disorders scale. I need to get so socialization, friends and I would be nice to have some people to relate to. I was diagnoised 1 year ago when I had a neurophyc. The doctor that did it said I had a brain injury, I had to change habbits I had since I was a child, at the same time I lost the friends that I had because they did not understand what was wrong w/ me. So I became very angry, I had no one to relate to and I was lost be the doctor that dignosed me ... walked out of my life and I never saw her again. :evil: 8O So for the first year of struggling to understand my NLD and trying to get others to understand. :cry:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 10:14 pm

hiya AnimalLover101 :) welcome to our cool club :) this place seemed like a safe harbor when i finally decided to join after lurking for 5 years or so. so i'm slow :oops:

ALguy1957
Raven
Raven

15 Sep 2012, 7:24 pm

Hopefully to find a girlfriend with AS or one who understands and doesn't mind being with a guy who has it. :)

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 10:32 pm

I came here to see how others relate to the world and hope to find some of my own paths to deal with during the years up ahead. we come in patterns from different states apparently. but it's slowly progressing. maybe god is up to something. but anyway i am here to also give people some advice or perspective opinions etc.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

23 Sep 2012, 7:14 am

I came here to find a haven for myself, and to find like-minded people. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 9:22 am

Because I have nothing better to do.