Why are you on WrongPlanet?

Page 3 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 6:39 pm

Cause it's helpful for Aspies. Someone said so, and they are right. (If I am one). It's helpful nonetheless.

Vatnos
Raven
Raven

28 Sep 2012, 11:16 am

I followed a friend's internet paper trail here. It seemed like an interesting site, and I qualify, so might as well eh?

MrZAP
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Nov 2012, 12:24 pm

Honestly, I'm almost never here. I don't remember why I originally joined. It was probably out of curiosity more than anything. Right now I'm on mostly because I started thinking about my Asperger's in relation to specific aspects of my life and figured I might as well see what people are saying here. Also I wanted to complain a bit. Which I did. :P

quietgirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2012, 4:30 pm

RoDanGray wrote:
I came here because I had been searching online for an explanation as to why I have too much Eye Contact. I am unable to break eye contact with people(men, women, children) they have to do it, for me to look away. This has earned me the title of "Creepiest Guy in Town". Anyway, I was reading on a blog about Aspergers & that too much/little eye contact is a trait. After some research on AS & talking to professionals (not official diagnosis, too cheap for that) about it, it is clear to me that I can be identified as an aspergian citizen. I come to this site to gain further insight into others like me, (it is staggering to see some many people like me, & not like me at the same time, when normally in my area they are not at all like me.) Since coming here, I found meaning in all the weird involuntary movements & habits I have. I will continue to lurk here for at least awhile. Thank You, Wrong Planet, for being here.

I come here to read things like this that make me go, "Wow, I thought I was the only one!"

It all makes sense now, and I feel so much better. I never understood why my longest relationships are with nodding acquaintances and online friends, and why weird stuff happens to me like being arrested and charged with DUI despite blowing triple zero (no alcohol) because the trooper believed I was acting oddly and therefore must be under the influence of *something*.

When I was growing up, if you could read at or above your grade level and didn't harm other children you were deemed a model student. Eccentricity was seen as being a sign of genius, and I was an obedient little bookworm, so I escaped diagnosis until recently. My boss now feels very protective of me, and my "moral failings" are suddenly viewed with empathy. In light of recent news events I'm not sure if I'll announce it to the world (wouldn't be prudent ;-)) but there aren't words to express how grateful I am to know I'm not a bad person, and I'm not a sociopath like my ex-boyfriend thought.

Pabalebo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Dec 2012, 11:30 pm

I joined because I am a student of my own mind, and want to understand more about how it works and what I can do to make it work the way I want it to in order to achieve my goals. The human brain, especially the Aspie brain, is an incredibly powerful instrument, provided one knows how to use it correctly... however, there is only so much you can learn from your own thoughts, eventually you need a fresh way of thinking, which has to be introduced by someone else. Also, there is only so much fresh thinking, especially fresh thinking that is actually useful to me, to be found coming from the NT world, so I wanted to talk to other people like me to learn more about myself and to improve myself.

KokiriJamthund
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Location: In the deep south, although I'm not particularly southern other than being woodsy.

03 Jan 2013, 2:21 am

I saw my fiance get on here for some reason today and thought it looked interesting. I love forums but I really don't fit in on most of them because I can't handle criticism at all (and on the forums I know of you're considered really pathetic if you get ticked off at any kind of insult), and I want to see what other people on the spectrum are like. I've only met about five IRL and only got to know one really well (my fiance). Three of them never talked to me, which I understand, it was difficult talking to them as well, and then one was almost literally incapable of talking about anything other than Naruto, her dogs, her sisters and the color yellow.

Especially that Yoshi...
He gives me EGGS! WOOF, WOOF, WOOF!!

B19
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 12:27 am

Lonely isolated and only place I will ever be understood by my own kind

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 1:54 am

I joined to learn something new. This site has far too many messages now, and it is too confusing. I need to learn a new way of filtering interesting messages to view, or I'll be too confused all the time.

MrKnowItAll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Feb 2013, 10:10 pm

I should be doing something else and I'm putting it off. I feel like I belong here except for the fact that I should be doing something else.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 4:47 pm

I became interested in Asperger's Syndrome after my ex-girlfriend, who previously worked in a home for young autistic people, came back from a conference about AS and told me she was amazed at the number of characteristics that I had. When I came back to the U.S. (I lived with her in Europe), I found that my sensitivity to noise and being around other people had worsened and I was worried that something about me was keeping me from getting a job, and so I started researching AS and ended up here.

I hang around because the people who post on this forum and the things they talk about are the most interesting on the internet. Unlike other forums, people have interests and personalities that are similar to mine.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 1:33 am

I came to WP to look for peers that saw the world through the same kaleidoscope I do. I stay because of a sense of camaraderie it gives me, and the honest answers I value.

LimitedSlip
Raven
Raven

07 Feb 2013, 2:30 am

Mostly here to talk to cool people like AuntBlabby. I haven't had a lot of friends lately IRL and I'm not about to start making more so I'd like to have some respect given on some forum somewhere and wrongplanet seems like it's the most appreciative forum of my thought style.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 1:03 pm

I wasn't planning on joining Wrong Planet. I was searching through Google about Autism one day, and something related to my search just popped up on the Google search from Wrong Planet, and I clicked on it. It looked like such an interesting topic that I really had an urge to post, but then I realised you had to register to post. So I ended up quickly registering, still not exactly planning on Wrong Planet becoming an addictive habit. I just typed in any nickname, which I dislike now because it looks like I'm a guy, which is why I had to put my gender in my signature, although I still worry that people might think I'm a guy who is so gay that I pretend to be a girl. That is not true, I am a real girl, with just more of a guy's nickname.

So anyway, yes, that's the origin of how I became a member here, and you've also learnt why I've got this nickname too.

Draka
Raven
Raven

08 Apr 2013, 10:35 pm

I originally came for advice, but I stayed for the unique perspectives.

managertina
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 11:40 pm

There are no spectrumites in my community that I can easily talk with or even find. And my town is so small. And my job so new to me that I cannot go public. So I get comfort online.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2013, 8:11 pm

I was born on the wrong planet. Been waiting for ya'll for over 40 years