Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

b9
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 10:06 am

i have an unresolved "oppositional defiant disorder". usually "ODD" resolves itself into either "antisocial personality disorder" (which is seriously bad), or it is dissipated as a person grows up.

i retained ODD to the extent that i still like to annoy people, and i am automatically resistant to authority. i like particularly to entice people (who must remain (according to their self identities) impartial) to lose their tempers.

i find it hilarious when people who consider themselves to be a bastion of reasonable behavior lose their composure due to my subtle niggling.

i particularly like to mold the expression of confusion onto people's faces. it is like people who are my governors are also my toys in some way. if i can get them to collide with each other with their various analyses of how i am, then i can watch them in conflict with each other and see who prevails.

today i was giving someone a lift, and the journey was 80 km along a 6 lane expressway.
they commented that the road was empty and that it was an ideal trip we were traveling.

i soon decided that it was boring to accept the persons appraisal, and i maneuvered my car so that my starboard side tires were hitting the cats eyes continuously. "grrrump kerrr thump grrrump kerrr thump grrrump kerrr thump grrrump kerrr thump grrrump kerrr thump grrrump kerrr thump " etc.

i was asked to stop it, and i did, but before long, my portside tires were playing a similar beat, and i was then yelled at, so i had to pull my head in and stop trying to annoy him because he was on the verge of violence.
he was right where i wanted him to be originally, but when i achieved the solicitation of his violent streak, i decided it was difficult to back out and talk normally to him, so i just let him out of the car, and i drove off thinking about pelicans.
there is so much to say about ODD. it is like an itch that needs to be scratched in non straightforward ways.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 11:44 am

Toy_Soldier wrote:
If you rather no one knew, I understand, your secret's safe me with me. 8)

What the hell... NO, I really don´t like Twilight! Everybody knows that the vamps from it sparkle, it´s a common knowledge! Nothing special that only fans know of.

Besides, I am a huge fan of Anne Rice and her vampires, especially Lestat. It´s like with cars. Why should I ride a cheap wreck when I can ride a quality Mercedes?

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 12:15 pm

SoftKitty wrote:
Toy_Soldier wrote:
If you rather no one knew, I understand, your secret's safe me with me. 8)

What the hell... NO, I really don´t like Twilight! Everybody knows that the vamps from it sparkle, it´s a common knowledge! Nothing special that only fans know of.

Besides, I am a huge fan of Anne Rice and her vampires, especially Lestat. It´s like with cars. Who should I ride cheap, but sparkly cars when I can ride a quality Mercedes?

Actually I was only joking with you about being a Twilight fan. I did not really think that. I have heard of Anne Rice and many of the vampire series but haven't read or watched any of them myself. But why should I watch things about vampires when I don't like vampires (and they give me bad dreams). :lol: I did not ever really think you meant you were a Twilight fan. I thought you where possibly suggesting you were a vampire yourself (real, imagined or joking). So before I went any further I thought I had better screen you. Liked your Mercades analogy btw. I had an old one briefly, but even old it was still an incredible car.

:wink: :lol:

haha I just saw your new avatar!

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 12:54 pm

Hahaha! Very funny, you pranksta! 8) :lol:

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 2:02 pm

A new Avatar again! That is a old favorite interest of mine. But I haven't done it in ages and it is doubtful I will be able to do it again. It's actually been a reccurent and frustrating dream. I go to the beach, but for one reason or another can never actually get to ride a wave.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 3:40 pm

That guy on my avatar is Clay Marzo (23), the Hawaiian pro-surfer. He has Aspergers, too.

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 2:36 pm

I'm disgnosed with dyscalculia and mild dyspraxia.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 3:43 pm

I know dyscalculia, but what is a dyspraxia?

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 7:35 pm

I just recently got diagnosed with my first age-related illness: Dupuytren's disease. I'm told I've inherited it courtesy of that part of my heritage that comes from northwestern Europe. There's fascia in my left hand that's growing between the tendon and the skin, not just where it belongs. It's supposed to be very slow in its development, so it should take years before it gets bad. It's usually bilateral, so I'm lucky it's not in the right hand yet. Also, if you get it in your hands, you apparently can't also get the worse version of it that appears in the feet, because you can only get one kind. Also, I was told that, if I were going to get that other kind, I'd already know it by now.

On the down side, it does eventually cause the fingers to curl into the hand by pulling on them, at which point they call it Dupuytren's contracture. Then shots and/or surgery are called for. Nothing is proven to prevent, slow, or stop this disease, though there may be some methods that are simply not tested that might actually help. As long as it's nothing dangerous, I think I'll try out some things and hope for the best. I just need to be sure to apply the first part of the Hippocratic oath and do no harm to myself.

Also on the down side, this isn't supposed to be painful, but my fibromyalgia is making it feel a bit tender and sore. In addition, the sensation that is commonly experienced as this develops, a tugging one feels when opening the hand all the way, draws my attention immediately and strongly, as a result of my Aspie tendency towards hyper-focus, and my feeling of upset at this uncomfortable reminder of what's going wrong with my hand is magnified by my on/off emotional tendencies.

In general, I'm doing better at adjusting and coping than I was when I got diagnosed a week and a half ago. Other people have dealt with this, and some other people around me are facing much harder things in life, so that gives me some perspective and a push to not take a bad attitude. Besides, it finally occurred to me a couple of nights ago that I could think of this as a kind of merit badge for having lasted this long. After all, when I was a teenager, I never thought I'd make it to 30, let alone 44.

Loitering is encouraged at The Wayshelter: http://wayshelter.com

Luci
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 7:30 am

My only real official diagnosis is/was 'depression with psychotic features', but unofficially they have said they think I have Aspergers, avoidant personality disorder and dependent personality disorder.
I don't know what's actually wrong with me, but I believe my biggest problems are with lack of motivation, self-confidence and self-discipline, forgetfulness and absent-mindedness, feeling lethargic, an irrational fear of others judging me/being angry at me and another ridiculous fear that is a fear of being proven that I'm unintelligent.
In short I think my main problems are executive dysfuntion and self-hatred.
Others seem to think my lack of social skills and being generally very disorganized are more important somehow. I don't think they are.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

13 Dec 2012, 7:51 am

Only what I've been diagnosed with because I don't trust the accuracy of self-diagnosis

Recurring Clinical Depression
Non-verbal Learning Disability
Avoidant Personality Disorder
Schizoid tendencies (but short of SPD)
Social Anxiety Disorder

MrKnowItAll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2013, 12:27 am

DuneyBlues wrote:
Hoarding of Mathematics Books

I believe Hoarding of Mathematics Books Personality Disorder has been removed from the DSM-V. The equally ridiculous Oppositional/Defiant Disorder (formerly called "Naughty") is still in there though.

MrKnowItAll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2013, 12:33 am

Avoidant personality disorder.
Major depression (episodic but not bipolar. It could have been Bipolar Type VIII, but they decided not to use that in the DSM)

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 8:39 am

Official diagnosis:
Asperger's syndrome
ADHD-C

Also, shrinks are almost certain I have ODD, though they've never officially diagnosed me with it.
They think I have it because I like annoying people (both peers and authorities), and most of all I like when they get mad. I dislike "authorities" and don't see why I should obey them. They have no power over me. I am going to obey only to people I like, and most of all when I want.
I'll be re-evalutated this year or next year, and I'll know if I have ODD or not according to the shrinks then.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

15 Feb 2013, 10:26 pm

Quote:
i retained ODD to the extent that i still like to annoy people, and i am automatically resistant to authority. i like particularly to entice people (who must remain (according to their self identities) impartial) to lose their tempers.

i find it hilarious when people who consider themselves to be a bastion of reasonable behavior lose their composure due to my subtle niggling.

OMG, that sounds just like me! Is that really ODD?

It has dissipated in my case but not completely disappeared. Is it more related to autism or NVLD?

velocity
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2013, 2:13 pm

Post-traumatic stress disorder (diagnosed), though not from anything as bad as bullying. I actually acquired it in a war zone when I was expecting to be set on fire by an angry mob.