What's up with the left girl?

Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What's up with the left girl?
ASD male: She seems just for fun watching and listening the right girl. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
ASD male: She seems to be quite curious about what the right girl tells. 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
ASD male: She seems totally emotional affected about what the right girl says. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
ASD male: She seems to be skeptical about what the right girl says. 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
ASD male: Can't tell but seems nothing of this. 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
ASD female: She seems just for fun watching and listening the right girl. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
ASD female: She seems to be quite curious about what the right girl tells. 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
ASD female: She seems totally emotional affected about what the right girl says. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
ASD female: She seems to be skeptical about what the right girl says. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ASD female: Can't tell but seems nothing of this. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Male: She seems just for fun watching and listening the right girl. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Male: She seems to be quite curious about what the right girl tells. 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Male: She seems totally emotional affected about what the right girl says. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Male: She seems to be skeptical about what the right girl says. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Male: Can't tell but seems nothing of this. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Female: She seems just for fun watching and listening the right girl. 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Female: She seems to be quite about curious what the right girl tells. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Female: She seems totally emotional affected about what the right girl says. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Female: She seems to be skeptical about what the right girl says. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Female: Can't tell but seems nothing of this. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 42

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 8:43 pm

I said, earlier, that it's like an inkblot test in a "loose" sense.

Of course there's less room for interpretation than a classic inkblot test.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 3:52 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Anybody can have any interpretation. There is no "right" interpretation.

OK, let's have a look on the picture and her body language in a nearly rational way then. (NTs get this intuitively once they are just trying.)
She isn't in hurry but takes the time to listen. Just see her relaxed feets. She is bowing her head towards her friend because she is currently really caring about her. Otherwise she wouldn't do this. She is laying in a position that isn't very comfortable but she cares about her friend more than about her comfort.
And she is looking totally concentrated towards her friends eyes for getting her friends emotions. Her friend seems to be thinking about something that is quite important to her because the facial expression of her is quite serious and she is as much in her own thoughts about this that she doesn't even cares about what she is holding in her hands. But it's nothing bad that she is thinking about because her eyes don't show sorrow but rather kind of hope. Also the left girl who reads her empathical and for this feels the way her friend does and shares this positive but unsure expression in her face. Just how I'm perceiving this. It's a really great picture.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 5:23 am

You are good at reading body language. I thought I wasn't too bad, but I would have mist many of the points thag you have raised except to say that maybe the girl on the right is just on the autistic spectrum because to is simply avoiding eye contact and is crouching down because she is getting an energy loss situation? I get to this stage often, and the crouch like that is the first stage of recovery if I am in an area where I can't lie down, as it is better then nothing as a way of avoiding attention (Which I don't want if I get an energy loss, and if someone talks to me I have difficulty to answer them so answer calmly, slowly and quietly trying to keep conversations brief. I find listeninb to whag people are saying very difficult and I just want to recover, as listening needs concentration which s what I am not wanting to do!)

It is just a thought... I was getting these situations since the age of about six... Going on seven years of age? Before this my dad had to correct me as I used to get into raging tempers, and after he corrected me the tempers didn't happen, but energy loss seemed to take over.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 5:45 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
I thought I wasn't too bad, but I would have mist many of the points thag you have raised except to say that maybe the girl on the right is just on the autistic spectrum because to is simply avoiding eye contact and is crouching down because she is getting an energy loss situation?

I wouldn't expect this just because she has a very empathical girl friend. :twisted: Eye contact can be very distracting even for NTs. Once they are as deep in their own thoughts and visions as the right girl seems to be they won't necessarily do it.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 5:52 am

Uhmm. Maybe...

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 6:41 am

Fnord wrote:
[sarcasm]
You are all wrong.

The one on the left is a space alien / human hybrid, and the one on the right is a transgendered hermaphrodite.

They are discussing the existential conflict between stimming and medical intervention in athymic nude mice.

Why won't you admit it? It's right there in front of you!

[/sarcasm]

ATTENTION!
This is the Thought Police!

This was a covert psycho-analytical evaluation.
Unfortunately, you have failed the adaptation of the "Rorschach test".
Quote:
The Rorschach test is a psychological test in which subjects' perceptions of inkblots are recorded and then analyzed using psychological interpretation, complex algorithms, or both. Some psychologists use this test to examine a person's personality characteristics and emotional functioning. It has been employed to detect underlying thought disorder, especially in cases where patients are reluctant to describe their thinking processes openly. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test

You have been segregated from the others for your and their safety.
You will be taken to the Re-Education Centre by order of: "The Ministry of Love".

Never forget.
Big Brother is watching you.

kraftiekortie wrote:

Indeed.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 6:47 am

I'm intrigued that the 2 women who have commented and who have actually been 12 year old girls read this picture the same way.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 7:12 am

Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
[sarcasm]
You are all wrong.

The one on the left is a space alien / human hybrid, and the one on the right is a transgendered hermaphrodite.

They are discussing the existential conflict between stimming and medical intervention in athymic nude mice.

Why won't you admit it? It's right there in front of you!

[/sarcasm]

ATTENTION!
This is the Thought Police!

This was a covert psycho-analytical evaluation.
Unfortunately, you have failed the adaptation of the "Rorschach test".
Quote:
The Rorschach test is a psychological test in which subjects' perceptions of inkblots are recorded and then analyzed using psychological interpretation, complex algorithms, or both. Some psychologists use this test to examine a person's personality characteristics and emotional functioning. It has been employed to detect underlying thought disorder, especially in cases where patients are reluctant to describe their thinking processes openly. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test

You have been segregated from the others for your and their safety.
You will be taken to the Re-Education Centre by order of: "The Ministry of Love".

Never forget.
Big Brother is watching you.

kraftiekortie wrote:

Indeed.

I only have two brothers... Is often odd to think of the concept of big brother watching me as I am the oldest so I am the big brother...

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 7:19 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
I only have two brothers... Is often odd to think of the concept of big brother watching me as I am the oldest so I am the big brother...

... and the one who is watching them? :twisted: :wink: <SCNR>

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 7:50 am

quite an extreme wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

... and the one who is watching them? :twisted: :wink: <SCNR>

Me... Hahahaha! I am one who if I have to go to a group of people... I usually stand or sit back and just watch rather then take part, but the strange thing is, I can get on a stage and talk if I am employed to do so, so I have taken on the role of the employment... If I am not employed, then I would struggle to do this as I am naturally very shy and reserved...

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 3:08 am

I think the blonde girl is the more dominant/domineering/bossy of the pair. The brunette aims to please. The blonde is faking interest, or is only semi-interested. The brunette needs to tread lightly, because the brunette is somewhat of a pushover and is happy just to have the bossy blonde around to call "friend." The brunette is hoping to appease the blonde and wonders if her special interest in hazelnuts will be met with the blonde's approval...wonders if they can share a moment.

That's how I read it.

EDIT: Les Noisettes by William-Adolphe Bouguereau
The English title is given as "The Nut Gatherers," but the direct translation from French appears to be "The Hazelnuts." Note the emphasis on the nuts and not the people in the original French title. Also note that of the pair, only one appears to have actively been involved in the gathering of said hazelnuts.

Who's to say that they're both gatherers plural? The brunette gathered and is trying to curry favor with the judgmental blonde.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 4:44 am

i suspect the nuts in the right girl's hand are strictly of secondary importance. they are the equivalent of a smoker holding onto his cigarette in a pensive way. the right girl is gathering her thoughts while the left girl is a bit impatient, waiting for her associate to get to the point.

Lolagirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jun 2019, 4:13 am

The girl on the left is a bully - she has made the girl on the right do something naughty and is now enjoying hearing what happened.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 4:35 am

Haha Lolagirl. You made me laugh. Yes. It could be that... Haha!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 10:15 am

She's likely to say a cheeky remark to the girl who is sad if she opens up to her. I have a friend who's like that.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 3:27 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
She's likely to say a cheeky remark to the girl who is sad if she opens up to her. I have a friend who's like that.

Could be if the other girl would be sad but the other girl doesn't seems it to me. Just have a look at her eyes. There seems kind of hope for something nice in it.