What's up with the left girl?

Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What's up with the left girl?
ASD male: She seems just for fun watching and listening the right girl. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
ASD male: She seems to be quite curious about what the right girl tells. 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
ASD male: She seems totally emotional affected about what the right girl says. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
ASD male: She seems to be skeptical about what the right girl says. 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
ASD male: Can't tell but seems nothing of this. 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
ASD female: She seems just for fun watching and listening the right girl. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
ASD female: She seems to be quite curious about what the right girl tells. 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
ASD female: She seems totally emotional affected about what the right girl says. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
ASD female: She seems to be skeptical about what the right girl says. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ASD female: Can't tell but seems nothing of this. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Male: She seems just for fun watching and listening the right girl. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Male: She seems to be quite curious about what the right girl tells. 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Male: She seems totally emotional affected about what the right girl says. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Male: She seems to be skeptical about what the right girl says. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Male: Can't tell but seems nothing of this. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Female: She seems just for fun watching and listening the right girl. 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Female: She seems to be quite about curious what the right girl tells. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Female: She seems totally emotional affected about what the right girl says. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Female: She seems to be skeptical about what the right girl says. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Female: Can't tell but seems nothing of this. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 42

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 4:45 pm

I've looked at the girl on the left in the picture trice --
First was last night; the having fun part.

Then later around few hours or so it became.. Meaningless. The expression I mean -- it just became a picture with two girls in it. Despite having the memory of my previous answer.

Now, morning before 6, it leans to skeptical and something something to say part.

I can't have 'one' answer.
... It's almost like reading my own writing. :|

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Last edited by Edna3362 on 21 Jun 2019, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 4:46 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
The girl on the right has a confession to make, but nevertheless knows it to be a foolish and puerile one; the girl on the left humours the first girl with the kindly, knowing wisdom of an elder sister, but her faint, slightly wry smile is there to gently encourage the first girl to let go of whatever unbecoming puerility it is she's afflicted with, while never being coercive. There's a touch of malevolence in the blond girl's smile, but of the most wholesome and educative kind.

You are good at this... to me the girl on the left is questioning? Not sure.

Does anyone have the real answer?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 4:58 pm

Umm. If this could be one of the assessment tests I could be in trouble here.. Question. As I sometimes get faceblindness, would this be taken into account when I have an assessment so it does not screw up the results? I am just thinking that as I do not know when faceblindness kicks in and when it does not (Certain faces I don't recognise and other faces I do), I am thinking that I could get confusing results. But, there again... Faceblindness... Is when I try to identify someones face... I am not sure if it relates to actual facial expressions... Anyone have any idea? And is it pictures like this that come up in assessments?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 4:59 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:
The girl on the right has a confession to make, but nevertheless knows it to be a foolish and puerile one; the girl on the left humours the first girl with the kindly, knowing wisdom of an elder sister, but her faint, slightly wry smile is there to gently encourage the first girl to let go of whatever unbecoming puerility it is she's afflicted with, while never being coercive. There's a touch of malevolence in the blond girl's smile, but of the most wholesome and educative kind.

You are good at this... to me the girl on the left is questioning? Not sure.

Does anyone have the real answer?

I don’t think anyone knows for sure. The picture as a whole is probably supposed to reflect the fleeting purity and innocence of childhood. It made me feel nostalgic anyway.

Art is often ambiguous and open to diverse interpretations. I have my own specific view which won’t change unless I decide to adopt Fnord’s totally plausible one. :lol:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 5:03 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Umm. If this could be one of the assessment tests I could be in trouble here.. Question. As I sometimes get faceblindness, would this be taken into account when I have an assessment so it does not screw up the results? I am just thinking that as I do not know when faceblindness kicks in and when it does not (Certain faces I don't recognise and other faces I do), I am thinking that I could get confusing results. But, there again... Faceblindness... Is when I try to identify someones face... I am not sure if it relates to actual facial expressions... Anyone have any idea? And is it pictures like this that come up in assessments?

I didn’t have anything like this during my assessment although I have heard of people being given actual photographs of people’s facial expressions and being asked questions based on those. It wouldn’t be something so open to interpretation.

I was just asked to describe various feelings. Don’t practice this or it could skew your results.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 5:14 pm

Here is the site where I found the picture: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathy
But even NTs have to watch her very carefully of course because my suggestion can be a bit misleading to them. :wink:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 5:21 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if that was a representation of two girls from the early 20th century-----maybe around 1915 or so.

Usually, in those days (but not always), people didn't betray their emotions in photographs.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 5:25 pm

It’s from 1882.

It seems more idealistic and romantic than paintings from a later date would be. Of course, there are always exceptions.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 5:25 pm

I don't get empathy from that picture. But then look at my EQ score, I guess.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 5:27 pm

They really seem like very close friends---they're too young to be lovers.

Perhaps both are precocious.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 5:31 pm

Magna wrote:
I don't get empathy from that picture. But then look at my EQ score, I guess.

You don’t have to get empathy from that picture. We all interpret art differently. This is not a psychological assessment based on precise photographs.

I see some empathy but, certainly, mockery as well.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 5:34 pm

Here's that word empathy again... Ummm. 8O Thanks for the link... To me it is soo close to sympathy... And Twilightprincess did her best to try to explain the differences before... But though I do empathise and sympathise I find trying to seperate the two out in my mind a difficult task whrn it comes to practicality... In other words... I can think what I would be feeling if I was the person... But I couldn't think what the other person js feeling... If that makes sense... As to me that is impossible... Yet the two are very closely linked as they are almost the same thing...

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 21 Jun 2019, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 5:36 pm

I could do some absurd Christian interpretation. The girl on the right reminds me of some depictions of Mary that I’ve seen (maybe Botticelli’s?), even her feet are crossed. :P

Perhaps the other girl is Eve (if she actually is mocking).

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 5:47 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
I could do some absurd Christian interpretation. The girl on the right reminds me of some depictions of Mary that I’ve seen (maybe Botticelli’s?), even her feet ae crossed. :P

Impossible... Mary and Eve were on this earth at different times.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 5:49 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I could do some absurd Christian interpretation. The girl on the right reminds me of some depictions of Mary that I’ve seen (maybe Botticelli’s?), even her feet ae crossed. :P

Impossible... Mary and Eve were on this earth at different times.

Figuratively speaking.

It also depends on how much of a divine presence our particular brand of religion gives her.

I do wonder if the artist was inspired by a Madonna when he painted her.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 5:51 pm

Maybe.. But I prefer Cyndi Lauper. :)