Whats your IQ? (NOT a 'OMG, I'm smarter than you thread!')

Page 1 of 20 [ 313 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 11:40 pm

silent_monad wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
well, Airborne, you have to know that I am a mod. That just means I have seen a lot of threads go sour when a troll can get the energy they need to kill the thread by being given the time of day. the rule of thumb here is to never feed the troll. They will slink off and try to kill the buzz on another thread if no one gives them energy on the one they are trying to butcher.

cheers, I liked the thread, myself.

Merle

Excuse me, were you referring to me? If you were, I would like to know why you describe me in such language? If this reflects your honest opinion of me, then you should ban me from the site. I have received a lot of verbal abuse from bullies in my life. I refuse to take this.

why do you think I was referring to you? Are you a troll?

Merle

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Nov 2008, 12:36 am

sinsboldly wrote:
silent_monad wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
well, Airborne, you have to know that I am a mod. That just means I have seen a lot of threads go sour when a troll can get the energy they need to kill the thread by being given the time of day. the rule of thumb here is to never feed the troll. They will slink off and try to kill the buzz on another thread if no one gives them energy on the one they are trying to butcher.

Merle

Excuse me, were you referring to me? If you were, I would like to know why you describe me in such language? If this reflects your honest opinion of me, then you should ban me from the site. I have received a lot of verbal abuse from bullies in my life. I refuse to take this.

Merle

Im failing to see how Merle post was in specific reference to anyone.....

silent_monad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2008, 12:42 am

below

silent_monad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2008, 12:43 am

sinsboldly wrote:
silent_monad wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:

Merle

Merle

I'm filing a complaint.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2008, 12:51 am

Click a name on the list below to begin writing a PM to that moderator or access the Moderator Attention thread.

Quatermass
lau
tinky
MrMark
SinsBoldly

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt67102.htmlMODERATOR ATTENTION: how to get help when you need it

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2008, 1:35 am

So Tinky's a mod, but no love for Dipsy or Po?

And no, to our trollish friend, I for one wasn't "boasting". As I noted, a 163 IQ and five bucks will get you a top-flight cup of coffee at any Starbucks in the US.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 12:10 am

I got 125 (at 1 am), but it was an online one. I don't know how to get access to the formal ones - do you have to live in the USA?
I don't really care about my IQ much though, I'm smart whether a test says so or not :D

mystyc
Toucan
Toucan

10 Dec 2008, 7:25 am

When I was diagnosed with AS about 2 or 3 years ago (I forget, hah), the doc did all sorts of tests on me, including IQ tests. In my diagnostic report thingie, I got an anomalous score. Normally you get two numbers, and they are suppose to be nearly identical, but mine are not, and the doc attributed that to my AS. My two numbers are 103 and 119. I forget what they refer to and stuff. I have a copy of my diagnostic report, but I don't feel like looking it up.

People always call me "smart" and other similarly lame terms, but I always reject such claims. I tend to retort with, "I am not smart, just well-trained and knowledgeable." which then leads people to think I am even smarter... *sigh*.

patternist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2008, 11:22 am

Mine was 149, when I was 11, Stanford-Binet.
I have consumed a lot of alcohol, pot, LSD, ecstasy, ketamine, ambien, processed food, coca-cola, lexapro, and network TV, since then. It probably knocked a few points off, to say the least.
I don't want to know what my score is now. It might lead to my getting depressed, and consuming more alcohol, pot, ecstasy, ketamine, ambien, processed food, coca-cola, lexapro, and network TV.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2008, 12:57 pm

patternist wrote:
Mine was 149, when I was 11, Stanford-Binet.
I have consumed a lot of alcohol, pot, LSD, ecstasy, ketamine, ambien, processed food, coca-cola, lexapro, and network TV, since then. It probably knocked a few points off, to say the least.
I don't want to know what my score is now. It might lead to my getting depressed, and consuming more alcohol, pot, ecstasy, ketamine, ambien, processed food, coca-cola, lexapro, and network TV.

oh, NOES! not Network TV! think of your little grey cells!

Merle

DarthMaxeuis
Toucan
Toucan

13 Dec 2008, 9:58 am

I got 10 million ! !! :D
Seriously, I got 149 on my last test, but depending of the test, I have between 142 - 157...
These tests are all done by psychiatrists, not those on-line tests....

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 10:22 am

mine would be around 2-3 maybe 4 if im lucky <.<

Irada
Toucan
Toucan

13 Dec 2008, 10:39 am

First of all, let me start off by saying that online IQ tests are useless. Don't base anything on or off them.

But moving on, I've had my IQ tested but I was never told the results. From what I can remember I scored poorly on the most basic questions, but highly on the more advanced questions so I'm not sure to be honest. I have been invited to participate in some of the Academic Extension Programs so I'll assume it was a fairly high result.

Smackerlacker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Dec 2008, 12:46 pm

I dunno what test it was that I took, but I scored 139 out of a possible 150. Which put me in the top 2%. 2% on a pretty fat curve though.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2008, 8:44 pm

Mine has varied over the years depending on when I was tested from 80 to 115

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 10:46 am

I only did test on the Internet for fun. My IQ was between 75 and 150, it all depends on the test. I know I'm not bright, I have big problems with maths (when it's a written problem I don't understand it) and I'm pretty sure I'm poor when it comes to find the "next picture" (you know the square that moves).
I've realized that doing more and more IQ test helps you understand how it works (especially if you concentrate on it). I always have a good result in logic and verbal skill (though I tried some test in English and it's not my native language at all).

My best friend did one online and got the same result as her real IQ test (when she was 9), I did that one too and had 131 (better verbal result again).
I also did the mensa thing online (not the real test) and they said I should do their real test... :roll: However... I believe I have between 90 and 100 since I have no problem at school (and do the "hardest kind of studies" in my country according to the teachers, but I hate to work, I'm pretty lazy so...) but I'm not bright, I'm average.

My father has 162. He has been tested because they did many tests for the army when he was younger or no one would have noticed. I don't think having a high IQ is always "helping" and it doesn't seem to always affect the personality.