Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Timid Espeon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Nov 2020, 7:02 pm

I just got done working at a new job, I haven't worked for almost a year. I've been struggling with anxiety before and after work. I don't really handle change well. The job I had before was very high stress, and traumatized me. I'm now working with horses instead of people, thank goodness. I'm still kinda panicky though.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 7:10 pm

I get anxious about new situations too. Working with horses sounds like it could be good. What are you doing with horses?

Timid Espeon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Nov 2020, 7:20 pm

My job is to make sure they get water. I do really like that I can make a difference in their lives. They are rescue horses. It will probably take me a while to learn where everything is. I'm really hoping this job works out for me.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 7:27 pm

That sounds pretty cool. It’s great to have work that is helping animals. I’m sure there’s lots to learn in a new job, but you can do it.

When I first get a new job, everything is so confusing and chaotic. After not so very long, it gets easier.

Timid Espeon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Nov 2020, 7:48 pm

Thank you for the encouragement! :D

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 8:35 pm

Timid Espeon wrote:
I'm now working with horses instead of people, thank goodness. I'm still kinda panicky though.

Most horses are nice but some few are crazy and aggressiv. Just treat them with care. It's quite the same with humans. But don't worry to much because after a while you'll know them all. :wink:

nomad48
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Nov 2020, 8:56 pm

I have been out of the work force for seven months+ getting back to working with humans is going to be a challenge, I think working with animals is actually easier for people on the spectrum, as long as they don't kick hard.

Torrio
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Nov 2020, 5:08 am

Lay low and know all the friends around working place, get to know them, but not too close. Be familiar to all.